Marijuana-loaded jet seized while trying to refuel in Louisiana

You've never tossed bags into a Lear 60 for Asp-holes then. ;)
iu

Would never admit it if I had. Citation, maybe; Lear, NEVER! :)
Lear 60 is nothing to look down on. With a LR-JET type rating you can fly any of the 20 and 30 series airplanes and the 55, the LR-60 is a completely seperate type rating. It's a very capable aircraft and IIRC the only real Achilles Heel is the small wheels and brakes but it has much more powerful P&W engines and Nordham thrust reversers instead of the god-awful Aeronca contraptions. It's still a bit of a pain to work on but that's true of all Lears. If I was a charter customer or prospective owner and I had a choice between a Hawker 800XP and a Lear 55 I'd choose the Hawker, if it was a choice between a Lear 60 and a Hawker 1000 I'd choose the Lear.

I was perplexed over the hierarchy of business jets.

I think even @DPApilot said “it’s only a Hawker”…. “DOOOOOOOOD we’re rolling to Vegas in a private jet! I’m wearing a coat!” :)

The Hawker is the "Ford Taurus" of private jets. And the the Ford Taurus in it's hey day. It's like a Ford Taurus from the 1992 being driven around current day Vegas. :)

The Hawker is the "Ford Taurus" of private jets. And the the Ford Taurus in it's hey day. It's like a Ford Taurus from the 1992 being driven around current day Vegas. :)
The Hawker is not a bad airplane, in fact when the whole thing decides to work in unison it's a great airplane. Unfortunately they decided to build an an airplane so over complicated that trying to work on one without some old english guy that used to work in the factory makes any MX issue that cant be MEL'd a time consuming experierence. You fly Falcons, what does your off-site MX look like?

The Hawker is not a bad airplane, in fact when the whole thing decides to work in unison it's a great airplane. Unfortunately they decided to build an an airplane so over complicated that trying to work on one without some old english guy that used to work in the factory makes any MX issue that cant be MEL'd a time consuming experierence. You fly Falcons, what does your off-site MX look like?

You know what really sucks about the Hawker? Speed, or the lack thereof. What is it, M.72 or maybe M.76 at best? A slow poke clogging up traffic. It’s the equivalent of a Ford Taurus in the left lane with the blinker on.

You know what really sucks about the Hawker? Speed, or the lack thereof. What is it, M.72 or maybe M.76 at best? A slow poke clogging up traffic. It’s the equivalent of a Ford Taurus in the left lane with the blinker on.
Funny part of this is coming from the Lear 31, where all the captains liked to make fun of “Slowtations” but most of the time we’re doing .72 or so to make sure we have enough gas for an alternate. Unless it’s summer and we don’t need an alternate, although in that case we’re probably still throttled back bc we can’t make it into the 40s.

I was perplexed over the hierarchy of business jets.

I think even @DPApilot said “it’s only a Hawker”…. “DOOOOOOOOD we’re rolling to Vegas in a private jet! I’m wearing a coat!” :)
And that you did! I believe I had a shirt on that said “Sotally Tober”. If only you could have been as cool as @Bigey in the Challenger.

Funny part of this is coming from the Lear 31, where all the captains liked to make fun of “Slowtations” but most of the time we’re doing .72 or so to make sure we have enough gas for an alternate. Unless it’s summer and we don’t need an alternate, although in that case we’re probably still throttled back bc we can’t make it into the 40s.
The Lear 75 (also 40/45/70) is mucho nice. We usually cruise in the low 40’s at 0.78M, but it runs 0.80M up there easily as well (wind noise creeps up some), and range stays acceptable. At max take-off weight we can go to at least FL430 straight away (maybe 20 minutes to get there), higher if temps cooperate. Sad to see them discontinuing the line as it’s still a solid performer. We picked up a brand new one from the factory this week, and we will be taking the very last one that comes off the line early next year as well. :(

Every Harrier maintainer in the world involuntarily nodded just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the "low down" about this today from different people who saw it happen.

The Lear Jet landed at Chino and took on fuel to the left of the local controller, about the controllers 10:00 o'clock - 500', where it's very visible.

After taking on fuel a van pulled up and started unloading duffle bags on the ramp, weighing each bag on a scale before putting them in the Lear. Maybe someone was math challenged because this went on for a long time. Not surprisingly, several people on the airport starting watching the bags being weighed.

After several minutes of watching this activity the tower supervisor is on the phone giving a minute by minute to the FBI.

This is the funny part, after the duffle bags were weighed some had to go back in the van.

You can't make this stuff up!

Last edited:
I got the "low down" about this today from people who saw it happen.

The Lear Jet landed at Chino and took on fuel to the left of the local controller, about the controllers 10:00 where it's very visible.

After taking on fuel a van pulled up and started unloading duffle bags, weighing each bag on a scale before putting them in the Lear. This seemed to attract the attention of several people on the airport.

While this is going down the tower supervisor is on the phone giving talking to the FBI.

This is the funny part, after the duffle bags were weighed some had to go back in the van.

At least the W&B was legal.

I got the "low down" about this today from different people who saw it happen.

The Lear Jet landed at Chino and took on fuel to the left of the local controller, about the controllers 10:00 o'clock - 500', where it's very visible.

After taking on fuel a van pulled up and started unloading duffle bags on the ramp, weighing each bag on a scale before putting them in the Lear. Maybe someone was math challenged because this went on for a long time. Not surprisingly, several people on the airport starting watching the bags being weighed.

After several minutes of watching this activity the tower supervisor is on the phone giving a minute by minute to the FBI.

You can't make this stuff up!

Weighing bags was pretty normal when I was flying the beechjet. It's not abnormal for folks to show up with a tone if luggage when flying light jets. Lot's of amateur/cheap customers charter private jets and bring everything, but the kitchen sink (sometimes they brought that also!) with them.

Lear 60 is nothing to look down on. With a LR-JET type rating you can fly any of the 20 and 30 series airplanes and the 55, the LR-60 is a completely seperate type rating. It's a very capable aircraft and IIRC the only real Achilles Heel is the small wheels and brakes but it has much more powerful P&W engines and Nordham thrust reversers instead of the god-awful Aeronca contraptions. It's still a bit of a pain to work on but that's true of all Lears. If I was a charter customer or prospective owner and I had a choice between a Hawker 800XP and a Lear 55 I'd choose the Hawker, if it was a choice between a Lear 60 and a Hawker 1000 I'd choose the Lear.
If the 60 had wings and a decent undercarriage, it wouldn't bump it's ass a-hoppin'. Seriously, even as a Mx pig, if they hadn't cheaped-out on even just the gear (let alone a better wing), the 60 would likely still be the most popular mid-size in the biz market.

I used to work for a company that would use a 36 for medflights back and forth from KVNY and PHNL. It'll do it but your pilots are going to hate everyone and everything for a few days afterwards.

Company named after an auto maker?

Company named after an auto maker?
No, but I know you're referencing, the only work I ever did for them was when I was working as a mobile service tech for a large 731 shop. The company I worked for was at the extreme north end of the field next to the blast fence. They've been out business for over a decade at this point.

Back