Marijuana-loaded jet seized while trying to refuel in Louisiana

The pilot that loaded the bags HAD to know! No one travels with THAT much luggage!

@MikeD, do passengers waive their rights to privacy when they put their bags into a charter plane? Private plane?

No. The access to the jet was granted after one of the pilots consented to the search insofar as legality, and since the police knew it was coming there, they had everything ready for its arrival I’m sure to detect the dope In the bags.

"what police called suspected marijuana". Really...reeaaalllly.

Maybe that's the real reason that cops are leaving in droves!

No. The access to the jet was granted after one of the pilots consented to the search insofar as legality, and since the police knew it was coming there, they had everything ready for its arrival I’m sure to detect the dope In the bags.

The pilots should have asked for a warrant before they allowed the police to search.

Why not stop in Salina, KS? Cheap fuel - quick quick turns, no likely federal attention.

I mean, so I've heard.

My whole flight diverted there after winds aloft were stronger than advertised and it became apparent we weren't going to make Denver. Massive schwoopenhausen of a descent from FLXXX right over I-70 to the initial. Nice people there. Had lots of cold iced tea for us and quick gas. Turned out one of our backseaters had a bunch of family nearby and she ran an impromptu static display for them as well.

Should have waited just a little while longer. . . .

Got curious about if a 35A needed to stop in Sheriff Beauford T. Justice's backyard. Not many people are flying the 35A longer than ~3:45 and 1,500nm. Chino to Hammond is 1,440nm and took 3:15, so yup, it is a natural stopping point for that trip. Interestingly, the vast majority of 35A flights are less than an hour.

Los Angeles to Miami is around 2,100 nm and takes 4:45 to 5:00. I found plenty of 36A flights going for 5:45 and 2,300 nm. So I guess the lesson is ... choose equipment that minimizes exposure? Maybe don't burn the bridges out of Humboldt county? It's not a secret if more than two people know?

Got curious about if a 35A needed to stop in Sheriff Beauford T. Justice's backyard. Not many people are flying the 35A longer than ~3:45 and 1,500nm. Chino to Hammond is 1,440nm and took 3:15, so yup, it is a natural stopping point for that trip. Interestingly, the vast majority of 35A flights are less than an hour.

Los Angeles to Miami is around 2,100 nm and takes 4:45 to 5:00. I found plenty of 36A flights going for 5:45 and 2,300 nm. So I guess the lesson is ... choose equipment that minimizes exposure? Maybe don't burn the bridges out of Humboldt county? It's not a secret if more than two people know?
I used to work for a company that would use a 36 for medflights back and forth from KVNY and PHNL. It'll do it but your pilots are going to hate everyone and everything for a few days afterwards.

Back