Male Flight Attendants & Gay

MusketeerMan

As it's no secret, what is it about this industry that attracts the average gay male? I'm sure we're about the same as others...probably about 90% of our male FA's are gay. Is it the lifestyle? The chance to meet other gay male's? Just curious.

As it's no secret, what is it about this industry that attracts the average gay male? I'm sure we're about the same as others...probably about 90% of our male FA's are gay. Is it the lifestyle? The chance to meet other gay male's? Just curious.

Are you thinking about becoming an FA?? :p

This is stereotyping, so my bad, but on average they're more of people persons than straight guys.

It's a job where you need to be very outgoing and personable and deal with interactions between people well. In other words its almost entirely customer service aside from safety related duties which, hopefully, you only ever have to practice and never employ.

A lot of gay guys work in retail and various other types of in-person CS fields as well.

I think it is funny how when you have one that is not gay, they will say something to indicate that within the first sixty seconds of conversation.

They'll mention their girlfriend, their wife, or "did you guys see that hot chick near the gate..."

If no mention of females in this way during the first minute, I simply assume they are gay. I am conditioned to.

I guess my dad is an exception to the rule. He has been a flight attendant for over 30 years and he is anything but gay. If he was gay, I would not be here today. :)

One of my flight attendants and I were discussing this the other day. He said it was something you catch - the gayness - much like one catches the swine flu. He was going to spearhead a documentary addressing this very thing. He already has a title - Flowers in the Closet.

:)

One of my flight attendants and I were discussing this the other day. He said it was something you catch - the gayness - much like one catches the swine flu. He was going to spearhead a documentary addressing this very thing. He already has a title - Flowers in the Closet.

:)

Now that's just silly. Really?

I learned a new gag from a captain the other day that you can use to mess with homophobic cockpit crewmembers.

During the approach, when they have their hand resting on the thrust levers, just gently lay your hands on top of theirs. Then in your lispiest, sing-songiest voice, say, "Coupled Approoooach."

:laff:

I think it is funny how when you have one that is not gay, they will say something to indicate that within the first sixty seconds of conversation.

They'll mention their girlfriend, their wife, or "did you guys see that hot chick near the gate..."

If no mention of females in this way during the first minute, I simply assume they are gay. I am conditioned to.

Most of the gay ones will tell you they're gay right off the bat as well. I'll never forget the first time I worked with a male FA, who was gay. The first thing out of his mouth when we were stowing our bags was, "I like white boys." My response? "What a coincidence---so do I!" That cracked us both up and we had a fabulous month working together. He got great delight in pointing out to me which pax were gay, and which men were checking me out. Fun times!!! :)

Most of the gay ones will tell you they're gay right off the bat as well. I'll never forget the first time I worked with a male FA, who was gay. The first thing out of his mouth when we were stowing our bags was, "I like white boys." My response? "What a coincidence---so do I!" That cracked us both up and we had a fabulous month working together. He got great delight in pointing out to me which pax were gay, and which men were checking me out. Fun times!!! :)

I love, love, LOVE going out on my overnights with gay FA's. We get to enjoy the scenery together and they keep the slimeballs away from me.

My favorite FA is as married as he can get to a TSA guy. He tells me that when a hot guy walks through security, he shouts, "Man check!"

I think Spira is right about the friendly, outgoing, customer service aspects of the job. Seems like every homosexual I know (even the "not obvious ones") is friendly, outgoing, charming, and instantly endearing. Must be why the pax absolutely LOVE them!

On a semi-serious note, one imagines that gay men have a great deal of experience in dealing with people being unpleasant to them for no legitimate reason. One further imagines that goes a long way in the FA biz. I think I'd go postal in the first ten minutes. If I ever make it to a NJC, ask me about the fifteen minutes I was employed as a waiter...

I love, love, LOVE going out on my overnights with gay FA's. We get to enjoy the scenery together and they keep the slimeballs away from me.

My favorite FA is as married as he can get to a TSA guy. He tells me that when a hot guy walks through security, he shouts, "Man check!"

I think Spira is right about the friendly, outgoing, customer service aspects of the job. Seems like every homosexual I know (even the "not obvious ones") is friendly, outgoing, charming, and instantly endearing. Must be why the pax absolutely LOVE them!

For the most part---true! Although I've seen quite a few straight guys who are VERY uncomfortable interacting with a gay FA. :whatever:
Must be a real bitch when the flight has 2 gay male FAs. :p

It was ,in some ways, a relief when two homo flight attendants showed up for a trip with me.

I would look on the bright side...."It looks like I'll be staying out of trouble this trip".

I learned a new gag from a captain the other day that you can use to mess with homophobic cockpit crewmembers.

During the approach, when they have their hand resting on the thrust levers, just gently lay your hands on top of theirs. Then in your lispiest, sing-songiest voice, say, "Coupled Approoooach."

I'm going to try that.

:yup:

That's good...

and I know just who to try it on...

Back