Major Wakeboarding Contest in OKC July 8th-12th

Devin the Arkie

Hey, I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up as this is a pretty major event and I'm sure if your stuck in OKC for 3-5 months some entertainment is well appreciated.

I'm big into wakeboarding and this is one of the biggest events in the nation, it just happens to be in OKC this year.

Wakeboard National Championships in OKC July 2009

For the first time in its nearly 20-year existence, the Air Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships, presented by ROCKSTAR will be held in Oklahoma City, Okla.

The 19th annual Air Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships, presented by ROCKSTAR, is a five-day-long pro-am wakeboard and wakeskate contest held from July 8-12, 2009. Top wake athletes will compete for national titles in nearly 20 different divisions, separated by age and skill level. The results from the WWA Wakeboard Nationals will also determine who will represent the United States at the 2009 WWA Wakeboard World Championships.

The Air Nautique is a five-day carnival of water-sports action. But not all of the action takes place on the water. On land, fans will experience great food and music, athlete autograph signings, chances to win freebies, and shopping at the most cutting-edge stores offering water-sports equipment including boats, wakeboards, wakeskates, sunglasses and the latest in wakeboarding and surfing fashions.

For more information about the WWA Wakeboard Nationals, visit kingofwake.com.

Yea, I might be there! Im from Orlando so im really familiar with this circuit. And two of my buddys will be working the event!!! Driving boats and such! Anyways, if I dont go hope its a blast!!

Just another friendly reminder...

Even if you're not into wakeboarding it should be a good time. I'm sure it will be nice & hot out too!

Back