Longing for the ‘golden age’ of air travel? Be careful what you wish for

I kinda like getting older, 68 this year. I like the retirement money being deposited into my checking account twice a month. I almost feel guilty.

Enjoying the special pricing seniors get for a lot of things and the free coffee at McDonald’s. Even get a discount on my taxes.

I’m enjoying working for a living, my dad worked until 81. He told me after you turn 80 it’s hard to find a good job.

I’d like to move to a place where I could count all the traffic lights within 25 miles on one hand. I’ve not touched any of the retirement money I’ve put away the last 40 years, maybe I’ll use it to pay cash for a little cabin. I‘m thinking about the one I’ve seen on the TV show Yellowstone. My wife has horses, she does cattle round up competitions. How hard can it be?

View attachment 70103

View attachment 70104

Got a year on ya,' brother, and it's good to be alive. My circumstances are a bit different but we've both "paid our dues." I hope these days are wonderful for you and everything you hoped they might be.

Some of the foreign carriers I’ve flown on have restaurant quality food even in coach. Haven’t found that on a US airline yet.
Two times I have had lamb on a plane were Emirates in coach as nonrev, and on company out of DXB :). I seriously doubt I will ever get that on an American airline, let alone caviar or lobster thermidor.

Back