Longest trip

flycanuck

Saw this done in another forum, don't know if its been done here.
Whats the longest trip you've ever made in a light aircraft? (eg. Cessna 182, Piper Warrior, Katana, ect.)

PVD (Theodore Francis Green State Airport; Warwick, Rhode Island) to ACK (Nantucket Memorial Airport; Nantucket, Massachusetts). Where the show "Wings" took place. In a Cessna 172 by the way. The plane is owned by a good friend of my mom's and we went out for a "$100 hamburger" although I got a turkey sandwich instead.
tongue.gif

In a light airplane, my longest trip was a new airplane ferry ... Independence, KS to Memphis, TN to Atlanta, GA to Salisbury, NC in a Cessna 172. Eight plus hours flying, close to 1000 miles.

In my current job, my longest single day was Beaufort, NC to Winston-Salem, NC to Beaufort, NC to Teterboro, NJ to Rocky Mount, NC to Windsor Locks, CT. Another eight hour flying day, but a lot more miles covered.

FL270

Piper Cherokee PA28, Greensboro NC (GSO) to Batvia OH (I69), about 3 hrs each way.

C172R
Winston-Salem NC (INT) to Batvia (I69), to Lunken (LUK) KY, to Statesville NC (SVH), to Winston salem (INT) in one night.

[ QUOTE ]
Chandler (KCHD) to Stellar Airpark (KP19), Arizona.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man ... how'd you make it?
grin.gif

Longest trip: Solo x/c for my PPL = VDF to DAB/ DAB to SGJ/ SGJ to GNV/ GNV to VDF.

Pretty much circled the entire Central part of the state. Total time was just over 4 hours.

Second longest: TPF to VRB/ VRB to FMY/ FMY to TPF for my IR x/c. 4.3 hours.

PWK to LaCrosse, WI, to Duluth, MN, to Mosinee, WI, and back to PWK in a 172.

Flight time of 9.1 hours.

In a light airplane, my longest would be from AHN (Athens GA) to RIC (Richmond VA) or MLB (Melbourne FL). Both were about the same distance. Approximately 550 miles.

[ QUOTE ]
Chandler (KCHD) to Stellar Airpark (KP19), Arizona.

[/ QUOTE ] That's nothing, I once went from Stellar, did touch and go's at Chandler, and had enough fuel to make it back to Stellar! I wasn't sure I was going to make when I was still 1.2nm out of CHD and the fatigue and dehydration began to set in.

Longest flight was DAB to MTH to VRB to DAB. Total flight time was 7 hours all in one day for my commercial cross country.

Longest for me was my IFR x/c.

ORL-CRG-Lake City-OCF (we were starving and needed food)-ORL.

A little over 4 hours.

Longest training flight was VRB-ATL-AHN-CRG-VRB, it was 7.5 in a seminole, but the best part was landing at Atlanta Hartsfield, we were by far the smallest aircraft in line for takoff...

FXE (FT Lauderdale Executive, Florida) -- BHB (Hancock County - Bar Harbor, Maine)
Did it this spring in a new and stupidly slow Archer III. Still I got to fly up almost the entire east coast. I have flown to Key West and to Canada as well so I guess I have flown the whole thing when I add it all up.

Back