Longest trip

Ferry flight from Knoxville TN to Salt Lake City, UT. in a Seneca. (Through Little Rock, AR - Ok City, OK. - Amarillo, TX - Farmington, NM)
13 hours and around 1500 NM.

One of my most memorable flights.

Longest flight: 5.8 Comm cross country, though my IFR long felt longer because it was a 152 and at night. That one was 5 hrs.

Latest flight was my dual night XC for the Comm. We finally landed at LGB at 4am after waiting out a freak wind / rain storm in the desert, and having to stop for fuel on the way home.
THAT was a memorable flight! Even got to see a huge trauntuala just crawling around. We didn't realize how windy it was until after we landed; we followed the IFR approach and TNP had no wx reporting.... turned out 20kt gusting x wind! Full rudder deflection on that landing!
crazy.gif

Longest trip was from KLFT (Lafayette Regional-Lafayette, LA) to KBUR (Burbank Airport-Burbank/Los Angels, CA). A long C-152 trek of about 1400 Nautical Miles (oooo it took for ever). Took about 13 hours of flying time, not counting the stops I had to make on the way (LOTS OF FUEL STOPS). Owh well...Got to see the beautiful Los Angelas scenery once I got there...NOT! What was my wife thinking...
ooo.gif

DE25-KOSK-DE25 in a Bonanza V35. Went up to the airshow for about a week. I don't remeber the time, but I think it was like 10 hours. The next longest was KGED-KPBI-KGED in one day which was like 8 hours in a BE200.

Longest NONSTOP flight timewise was 7 hours 14 minutes, mileage wise Columbus Ohio to Luton Airport in the UK (near London) - a little over 3500nm if I remember correctly.

Light aircraft - Indianapolis to Stewart(SWF) AP in NY - don't remember the mileage but about 4 hours in the Bonanza.

Jason

Longest non-stop was from Monroe, LA to Farmington, NM, 839NM in a C182, 7 hours, 15 minutes. I then continued on to SLC for another 1.9 hours. Long day!

[ QUOTE ]

AMEL
BE-200 Helana, MO to Soto Cano Honduras

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the idea was to smuggle drugs in, not out...
wink.gif

Longest was Salt Lake - Seattle - Arcata/Eureka - Lovelock -Salt Lake in an Archer. About 20 hours in a 36 hour period. Sleep? We don't need no stinking sleep!

Both this summer and both in our arrow.

SUS-ASN-BHM-SPG-CSG-SUS
821 nm each way. around 16 hours total around six hours actual and 3 approaches. Terrible headwinds Usually around 35 knots and lots of diverting around storms. We were forced to stay the night in Birmingham on the way down because of a wall of level 4 to 5 storms that developed streatching accross the whole Florida panhandle and about 60 miles into the Atlantic. Had to fly out about 5 miles into the Atlantic around St. Augustine on the return flight to get around another storm system. Albert Whited(SPG) on Tampa Bay is one of the coolest airports I have ever flown into.

SUS-2G2-8G6-TEB-AGC-SUS
776 miles each way 14.5 hours 5 hours of actual 4 instrument approaches(two GPS to minimums). Stopped at 2G2 on a trip from St. Louis to NYC. They were out of gas and we only had about 1hr and 15 minutes of gas left flew to 8G6(about 10 miles away) to get gas and continued on. flew either through or over the top overcast until we passed Dayton, OH on our return trip.

Anybody that has the oppertunity to take a long cross country, I recommend it. It was an a great experience to have to deal with drastic changes in weather from what was forcasted when we left, and to deal with changes in clearances that were very common on legs I flew along the east coast, but do not experience much here in the midwest. I fly in fairly busy airspace being based in STL and flying through the STL, ORD, and CVG areas many times but it does not compare with New York Center and Approach, Atlanta Center and Approach, and JAX center

Back