Logbook question

Mark815

Being new to the airlines I'm wondering how some of you guys fill out your logbooks. Do you guys record every tail and flight number you operate?

My last job I'd stick with a plane for a week straight, so no tail changes to really worry about, but if it happened I'd just start a new line, but obviously here at the airlines I might be in a few different tails each day. I like to log my flights day by day rather than per flight. Just curious what others here do.

I'm doing them leg by leg for now, it sucks because I have not gone electronic yet. But I just update it after every trip to make sure I don't get stuck with adding in a months worth of entries.

I do leg by leg also.....damn it...it's been about 2 months since I updated my logbook last. AAAAHHHHH!!!

Leg by leg into logbook pro's mobile app and then day by day once I get home for the paper logbook.

I decided to just drag this thread back out instead of starting a new one, since my question is somewhat related.

I was talking to a couple captains today who said that if I use an electronic logbook, I still need to keep a paper logbook as a backup. Seems to me that most folks I know of and from most of the other threads I looked through today, most folks are only keeping an electronic logbook though.

So, can the JC crowd give me a solid answer? Am I completely covered FAR-wise if I only keep an electronic logbook from here on in professional flying?

I decided to just drag this thread back out instead of starting a new one, since my question is somewhat related.

I was talking to a couple captains today who said that if I use an electronic logbook, I still need to keep a paper logbook as a backup. Seems to me that most folks I know of and from most of the other threads I looked through today, most folks are only keeping an electronic logbook though.

So, can the JC crowd give me a solid answer? Am I completely covered FAR-wise if I only keep an electronic logbook from here on in professional flying?

Why not Print out a copy of your electronic logbook every quarter... 4 times a year.

Walah.... Paper copy/paper logbook.

The FARs don't require to keep a logbook. The only thing you're required to do is provide documentation that you're current in the event a Fed asks for it. Even then you don't have to have it on you and can supply it at a later date.

Tell those old bastards they don't know what the F they're talking about.

If your company tracks your flying for duty/currency you don't have to keep anything. All you have to be able to do is prove currency.

Tell those old bastards they don't know what the F they're talking about.

The same old guys that either complain that they havent moved on because they are years behind on the logbook. Or the old guys that still use the little red book. Or the old guys that think printing up crewtrac records is good enough for an interview.

Back