Leave for Frontier or stay at Atlas

With what's going on in the world right now it's a bad time to be on the bottom of a list.

I think the music is about to stop, and bottom of the seniority list is the last place he wants to be if that happens.

On point though, I have to say at this point I'd be wary of being at the bottom of any seniority list. Double so for a 14,000 pilot list.

Ugh... I literally have the worst timing trying to make this airline thing a career. Seriously. 911. 2007. 2020 & 2022...

i dun told ya twice!

2022 hasn’t happened yet, as far as I know. OPEC announced production increase today and oil cratered in response. Remain calm, all is well. (pls)

Just some jitters. Pre Ukraine I was already a tad nervous for the possibility of oil prices to rise, reading others also voice my concerns in this thread. Just makes me nervous. I'm good.

I assume you failed the at home assessment with Delta m? Don’t write that off as you can retake in 6 months and the 6 month retake success rate is very high. I imagine eventually they’ll just start calling people without it, like United and the Hogan.

I assume you failed the at home assessment with Delta m? Don’t write that off as you can retake in 6 months and the 6 month retake success rate is very high. I imagine eventually they’ll just start calling people without it, like United and the Hogan.

That’s correct, i didn’t pass the assessment. I understand that 6 months I can retake it. That’s something that I am weighing on the back of my mind to stay put for moment. August time frame is when I’ll be eligible to retake it and that is the same time I’ll be hitting up OBAP. Unfortunately I was/am unable to attend NGPA and WAI this year.

That’s correct, i didn’t pass the assessment. I understand that 6 months I can retake it. That’s something that I am weighing on the back of my mind to stay put for moment. August time frame is when I’ll be eligible to retake it and that is the same time I’ll be hitting up OBAP. Unfortunately I was/am unable to attend NGPA and WAI this year.
Rumor has it F9 raised first year FO pay to $75 today if that helps you one way or another.

Rumor has it F9 raised first year FO pay to $75 today if that helps you one way or another.
That’s funny, I swear just like a week ago on an investor call Biffle stated that there’s our pay is on par with Delta because we have a quick upgrade. :eek:

is it 2018 again? 2018 was fun.

That’s funny, I swear just like a week ago on an investor call Biffle stated that there’s our pay is on par with Delta because we have a quick upgrade. :eek:

is it 2018 again? 2018 was fun.
"We've made more in the past 2 quarters than in the previous 20 years combined but because of Brexit we cant give you guys a contract."
-management

"We've made more in the past 2 quarters than in the previous 20 years combined but because of Brexit we cant give you guys a contract."
-management

Remember when we were flying around with so many MELs on the 319s that the orange and pink stickers overflowed from the front of the can on to the inside cover?

I currently have a CJO with F9, I've pushed the class date once already, and debating as well. My issue vs yours is that instead of Atlas, I'm still at a regional. Left seat, I could hold a line if I commuted, but currently ok with reserve and live in base. Currently 37% in the company. I know common wisdom dictates you leave the regional ASAP, but being at the bottom of a list in the current environment is enough to give me pause. I'd also be commuting to F9 vs living in base currently, so that's a thing too. I also failed the DL assessment, so don't be too hard on yourself.

I know common wisdom dictates you leave the regional ASAP, but being at the bottom of a list in the current environment is enough to give me pause. I'd also be commuting to F9 vs living in base currently, so that's a thing too. I also failed the DL assessment, so don't be too hard on yourself.

All the more reason to get on at the majors while they're still hiring. You work at an all-50-seater regional, right? If so you have a very high chance of "Compassage" in the near future. 50-seat jets are all but obsolete at these oil prices.

Congratulations on the offer from F9! Now escape the regionals while you have the chance. Who knows when or even if the next chance will be.

I currently have a CJO with F9, I've pushed the class date once already, and debating as well. My issue vs yours is that instead of Atlas, I'm still at a regional. Left seat, I could hold a line if I commuted, but currently ok with reserve and live in base. Currently 37% in the company. I know common wisdom dictates you leave the regional ASAP, but being at the bottom of a list in the current environment is enough to give me pause. I'd also be commuting to F9 vs living in base currently, so that's a thing too. I also failed the DL assessment, so don't be too hard on yourself.

GTFO if your regional and figure the rest out later.

The irony of being concerned about seniority while also pushing back the class date of a better airline. Seeesh.

I’ll break from the mold. Go for the big 4 pax and the big 2 cargo before any other National/major.

Frontier is the unofficial United pathway program. If he goes to an LCC and gets the type. If he wanted he could probably go anywhere. We have two members that were at Frontier and are now at a legacy. And at one of the big two cargo airlines.

are you not eligible for the flow?

Back