Lawsuit filed against B6/NK

Well…JB has to pay them a hefty sum of cash as a breakup fee and they just sold 25 airframes to raise cash….
Most of the fee was already paid.
And they say airline employees are stupid if they vote Republican. This merger would have passed under a Trump presidency.
The judge was appointed by the Reagan administration.

Well we’re •ed. If I wasn’t on ltd I’d be out. Sure you can be mad at the government but you should be mad at the fact that our management has run it into the ground for the past few years and done nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What thread did I send to the Lav? Fairly rare that happens.

And what I wrote is fact. Read any news article regarding this blockage.

The Biden administration has argued since taking office there needs to be greater competition between businesses, especially in the airline industry, to lower costs for consumers

“If not blocked, the merger of JetBlue and Spirit would result in higher fares and fewer choices for tens of millions of travelers across the country. The Justice Department is suing to prevent that from happening,” said Attorney General Merrick Garland in March.

The Biden administration has taken a much more aggressive approach in fighting mergers and combinations, including in the airline industry.

You need more attention than a teenage girl with daddy issues, bruh. Holy cow, give it a rest outside the lavatory.

This is political theater.

I expect the DOJ won't try that hard on it. But they need to look like they're "doing something." And this is something. So it must be done.

Quoting myself from the beginning. Clearly, I was wrong about this in every way.

As I've told a few I've talked to - I have no idea what this means in the grand scheme of things. B6 has messaged pretty consistently that there was another Plan if the ruling went against them. Maybe it turns out better in the end, who knows? I will try and remain optimistic.

Quoting myself from the beginning. Clearly, I was wrong about this in every way.

As I've told a few I've talked to - I have no idea what this means in the grand scheme of things. B6 has messaged pretty consistently that there was another Plan if the ruling went against them. Maybe it turns out better in the end, who knows? I will try and remain optimistic.

I haven’t read the ruling. Is there an appeal process?

Meh they sued to stop usairways and AA and that still went through. Not *terribly* worried. Also helps that spirit hasn’t turned a profit since before COVID so if I was JB I’d take the approach of “well we can buy them or they can go under, either way it’s one less ulcc.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They should just let them merge. It'll take most of the crazies off the mainlines.

Crazies love diverting for other crazies' behavior; Let's 'em express their inner brawl, and make's 'em feel like part of the true 'Murican movement, even though they're now stuck in Cleveland and not "moving" anywhere.

F9’ers will understand
IMG_1511.jpeg

That you dont have to go through a merger ? :)

While nothing was set in stone (more like written in Jello) there have been a LOT of probable scenarios with this deal that would have created a lot of positive QoL changes for a lot of the pilot group on both sides.

It’s disappointing.

Either way, it's not the end of the world.

In my career, there was:
"upcoming merger with UAL" in the 1990's -- didn't happen.
"We're going to acquire Alaska Airlines" -- didn't happen.
"We're on the cusp of buying Hawaiian Airlines" -- didn't happen.
"Doug Parker is acquiring Delta, in bankruptcy!" -- almost happened
"We're merging with NWA!" -- hapenned.

If they want the deal to go down, "money" knows how to make it happen and there's always a little quid pro quo and it just means the price just went up. I don't really know.

Ok, this bolded part of journalism. What in the actual eff…

Some analysts said the company might contemplate a bankruptcy filing to streamline its balance sheet and reorganize into a financially robust airline.

The best-case scenario for Spirit would be a Chapter 11 filing, followed by a liquidation (Chapter 7), according to TD Cowen analyst Helane Becker.

Back