Lawsuit filed against B6/NK

I think it’s ironic that the DOJ used direct quotes from the Spirit BOD position as to why this would be terrible for the consumer as they attempted to fight the JetBlue merger last spring.

I think it’s ironic that the DOJ used direct quotes from the Spirit BOD position as to why this would be terrible for the consumer as they attempted to fight the JetBlue merger last spring.

LOL

Pathetic. That said, now with the advent of chatGP, anybody can write anything and have it make some half-decent sense.

JetBlue is such a unique product. It's not a ULCC, but it's not a full service airline. It's kind of an LCC, but it's also an aspirational brand. It's more Target than Walmart. Hollywood types like to fly in Mint and then post photos on Instagram. Lyn Manuel Miranda mentioned JetBlue in song in the Broadway musical "In the Heights". They have created a product that is special in an industry that consumers love to hate.

A JetBlue that offers a more comprehensive network will more effectively compete with the legacies, and likely either force some product evolution at SWA, or condemn them to obsolescence.

On the other hand, there is no Southwest effect anymore. They're too ponderous, too slow, and too expensive. They've become the quasi-legacy behemoth that they've always railed against. So the nation needs a robust ULCC marketplace to democratize air service and keep prices in check. Losing Spirit, and leaving the entirity of the ULCC marketplace to Frontier and Allegiant would undoubtedly cause airfare to increase.

It'll be fascinating to see what happens over the next few months and years, whether the merger is ultimately approved or not.

Yesss! Forgot a lot of those details. Wasn't Potomac going to be based in Roanoke using the Dash to begin with?

I mean you have to give it to Wolf, he thought of everything to get the DOJ to buy off on it.
I don’t recall Roanoke, but it could have been.

Mergers were his thing so if he couldn’t get it done, it never had a chance. I wonder how things would have gone down if the merger went through. I just don’t think they would have had enough time to build something that would have withstood 9/11 better than what they did alone. I tend to think it would have been a bloodbath more so than it actually was.

. This will also be the first merger at least that I can remember, where the CEO of the acquiring airline went on record several times stating he doesn't believe the merger would gain approval from regulators.

Interesting times ahead.

Honestly our ceo/management is terrible at this point. They so badly wanted the under the table deal they were going to get with f9 they’ve been very reluctant to get behind the JB deal. Teddy used to send out what my wife called “angry girl emails” every time JB offered more money, the emails were always something about that f9 was still a better deal for (cough cough) *us*

You can surround my Starbucks on every corner with Dunkin Donuts and I'll still go to Starbucks. FIGHT ME! ;)

If we are talking chain coffee the only acceptable answer is Caribou. Sweep the Leg!

Honestly our ceo/management is terrible at this point.
F3EDE824-7A96-423E-9230-FABDDF176AA7.jpeg

Honestly our ceo/management is terrible at this point. They so badly wanted the under the table deal they were going to get with f9 they’ve been very reluctant to get behind the JB deal. Teddy used to send out what my wife called “angry girl emails” every time JB offered more money, the emails were always something about that f9 was still a better deal for (cough cough) *us*

If we are talking chain coffee the only acceptable answer is Caribou. Sweep the Leg!

I forgot to mention, if you're tired of Uncle Ted, you need to thank your lucky stars that you ended up with Blue. You wouldn't have liked Plan A at all.

So it’s the government‘s job to make sure ULCC seats remain available? I wasn’t aware this is why we have government.
I'm doubtful it works but it sure does seem like they are throwing the ATT/T-Mobile merger playbook at it.

Yea, strange to go on several TV shows and say we should take less money.

I forgot to mention, if you're tired of Uncle Ted, you need to thank your lucky stars that you ended up with Blue. You wouldn't have liked Plan A at all.

Oh for sure that was a way worse option. This will be my second merger in the 20+ delightful years of airlines. It’s extremely hard for me to leave my current gig with my seniority and age and with my father having lung cancer my QOL has been great to be able to help my parents out, but if it was plan A I wouldn’t be at the current shop anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel bougjie.

One (assumed to be unless he's a financial idiot at this point in his career) multi-millionaire airline pilot threatens to "coal roll" with a vehicle as he fronts like he's a common man in front of another multi-millionaire with an $800 coffee machine.

Aren't we hilarious.

I'm sure he rolls up at an I-5 truck stop and talks about his "rig" with the over-the-road truckers. "You pumpin' diesel? My rig runs on 87. It's a manual too"

I feel bougjie.

One (assumed to be unless he's a financial idiot at this point in his career) multi-millionaire airline pilot threatens to "coal roll" with a vehicle as he fronts like he's a common man in front of another multi-millionaire with an $800 coffee machine.

Aren't we hilarious.

I'm sure he rolls up at an I-5 truck stop and talks about his "rig" with the over-the-road truckers. "You pumpin' diesel? My rig runs on 87. It's a manual too"
Wait until they get a load of his retirement account.

Breaker breaker 401 just a couple of perfectly ordinary working class people on board sips pumpkin spice latte hey y’all check out my steelies and manual transmission I can barely afford the payment on this base model gets text message on $1000 phone beamed to $1000 watch because he didn’t pay for the model with CarPlay do any y’all know where the nearest Del Frisco’s is? No? Hey Siri, find the nearest Del Frisco’s drives to Del Frisco’s and sees several $100k cars in the valet PERFECT

Back