laughable "be a pilot" ad

cointyro

laughable \"be a pilot\" ad

Thought I'd share; I got this as a spam e-mail and thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

Have you ever dreamed about being a pilot? Are you looking for a career change into an exciting and fulfilling occupation? Have you thought of a career as a commercial pilot? Stop dreaming and begin your new life with {name deleted} Academy’s Airline Career Pilot Program! Contrary to popular belief, the regional airlines are growing and hiring new pilots every day. Why not become one of them?

{name deleted} is an airline-training center designed to take students from little or no experience to an Airline Job in as little as 14 months. Guaranteed Airline Interviews await all graduates. Financial Aid and College Programs are also available. There is no college required for Airline placement. Fly in brand new piper aircraft equipped with the latest in training technology. Brand new simulators are used to maximize your learning experience. {name deleted} is the new “launch customer” for the Canadair Regional Jet 700 Simulator.

{name deleted} Academy is proud to be one of the fastest growing flight schools in the country. {name deleted} has over doubled in size over the past two years. {name deleted} prides them selves with the highest in quality training. This includes, small classrooms, individual training, guaranteed schedule to meet your needs, airline pilots on staff, and the guaranteed interview that each of our graduates receive! {name deleted}’s four-phase program will get you the requirements and flight time you need to succeed in your new airline career!

{name deleted} Academy has some of the lowest entry requirements for their airline partners. Upon completion of the program, you will have 700 hours total time logged with 100 hours of multi-engine time and a guaranteed interview. {name deleted}’s price structure is very competitive and will work with you on a payment plan that fits your budget. They have many successful graduates in the airline industry.

{name deleted} is located in the sunny Daytona Beach area. Only 15minutes from Daytona Beach and 35 minutes from Orlando makes it an ideal area for year round training in a warm, comfortable environment. {{had to make a comment here--- Orlando is a comfortable environment HA HA HA LOL HA HA *choke* *choke* HA ARH ah ah ... good one}}.

Why wait? Launch your new career as an airline pilot now! Let {name deleted} Academy’s qualified staff show you how!

Re: laughable \"be a pilot\" ad

Oh, you've got to PM me and tell me who that is!
smile.gif

hehe...having spent some time down in that area, I think I've seen that before. What a crock...thanks for the laugh!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I don't think you should keep under wraps who sent this spam. I think it is important for anyone considering going to an aviation institute to know who uses underhanded tactics such as spam emails to get people to sign up.

It may or may not be this school.
Mostly may.
wink.gif

I like the spelling error on the main page. Yes I would like to receive a "scolarship."
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There is no college required for Airline placement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this should tell you what kind of people they're targeting with their marketing tactics at least.

Thanks Doug. If it weren't for this site, there would probably be a higher number of people falling for traps like this.
crazy.gif

Do you guys really think RAA's advertising is so bad? I mean, at what point do you draw the line between what is acceptable and what isn't? I see Doug has accepted FSA's banner advertising? What's the difference between them and RAA? They both try to make airline F/O's out of 700 total time and 100 hour multi time pilots.

I draw the line at Gulfstream and PFT...anything that lowers the bar in the industry.

What is it about RAA's spam that really bothers you?

It looks exactly like every ad I have seen for every academy, from Communist Air (excuse me, now Delta Creations), Humpty Diddle, Fleece Safety and every other Airline Ripoff Academy
smile.gif

I apologize for my feeble attempt at humor. Surely the minds on this board, if properly focused, could come up with better names.

[ QUOTE ]
I see Doug has accepted FSA's banner advertising? What's the difference between them and RAA? They both try to make airline F/O's out of 700 total time and 100 hour multi time pilots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. FlightSafety's banner/advertising is much more professional. I know you are anti-FSI, and all other large schools for that matter, and thats fine- while I am an FSA grad., and really enjoyed it- being a Part 61 instructor, I can at least see where you are coming from. But please at least take a look at a brochure from FSA before you compare them with the smut that RAA puts out.
smile.gif

The reason I didn't post the name is because I didn't want to make anyone think I was "advertising" for them.

It's true that I'm somewhat anti-big-academy but that's not the point of my post. I try not to get too worked up about it unless it gets to the point of PFT or advertising that makes false claims about the profession or the current state of the industry. As near as I can tell, FSA doesn't do that.
What I want to hear is, what is it about RAA that makes you call their brochure full of smut?

OK, a few examples:

[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to popular belief, the regional airlines are growing and hiring new pilots every day. Why not become one of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
{name deleted} is an airline-training center designed to take students from little or no experience to an Airline Job in as little as 14 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the guaranteed interview that each of our graduates receive! {name deleted}’s four-phase program will get you the requirements and flight time you need to succeed in your new airline career!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Upon completion of the program, you will have 700 hours total time logged with 100 hours of multi-engine time and a guaranteed interview.

[/ QUOTE ]

tongue.gif
smirk.gif

Seems to me, their plan worked.

Not only are some folks talking about them (good or bad .. doesn't matter), but some will/have actually visit their site.

So, in the end, they're getting their name out there.

As the saying goes "bad press is better than no press at all".

R2F

Okay. I honestly want to understand what it is in those claims that seperates RAA from FSA. In other words, can you honestly say that FSA doesn't make those sorts of claims? Doesn't FSA guarantee interviews with some regionals if you do the right program? Isn't FSA's goal to get you to a regional cockpit with 700/100, if you do the right program? Does not FSA claim to be getting guys hired, even in this economy, if you do the right program? Does not FSA claim that you can go from zero hours to an airline seat in 14 months, if you do that right program?

Maybe the right answer is that FSA makes similar claims to the RAA claims but superior FSA reputation and training leads to the claims being true....I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Back