Lake FLL

My company told me not to come to work.
5D3774C1-B6E0-4CA9-A296-19ED252373C0.gif

My pool is certainly extra full due to the torrential rain. But there was no major flooding in my community. Miami also didn't really have any issues. It literally just dumped on Fort Lauderdale.

Hot damn, I heard *something* about flooding but didn't realize it was to THAT level. :/

floatplanes who are 'fresh water only' or tailwheel who wont fly in FL in an easterly wind are gonna suffer a bit methinks

The real problem isn't the amount of rain. The problem is Florida can get rid of the water.

Rain runoff in Florida
230413233053-02-fort-lauderdale-fl-flooding-041323.jpg

Rain runoff in SoCal

Florida

SoCal
Floodwaters_CA_NOAA_NASA_report_Science_GettyImages-1246020220.jpg

Any questions?

The real problem isn't the amount of rain. The problem is Florida can get rid of the water.

Rain runoff in Florida
230413233053-02-fort-lauderdale-fl-flooding-041323.jpg

Rain runoff in SoCal

Florida

SoCal
Floodwaters_CA_NOAA_NASA_report_Science_GettyImages-1246020220.jpg

Any questions?

There are canals, waterways and drainage for normal operations. There's even a state agency called water management to manage those assets. However dropping a deluge of 26" in 24 would be a difficult task for anywhere on Earth. One calculation is that it was approximately 88 billion gallons of rainfall. For comparison, Conesus Lake in New York's Finger Lakes is about 48 billion gallons.

Conesus-Lake-11-x-14.jpg

Last edited:
There are canals, waterways and drainage for normal operations. There's even a state agency called water management to manage those assets. However dropping a deluge of 26" in 24 would be a difficult task for anywhere on Earth. One calculation is that it was approximately 88 billion gallons of rainfall. For comparison, Conesus Lake in New York's Finger Lakes is about 48 billion gallons.

Conesus-Lake-11-x-14.jpg

Don't mind Frank, not only is his local GA flying the epitome of aviation, apparently he's an expert on everything, cause California.

Back