King Air Instructors

Mr_Creepy

I used to teach King Airs at Communist Air. I am a check airman in King Airs at a charter company.

I sent a resume to TAB and never heard a thing. Sure would like to know how to knock on that door :)

Hi..
Yea.. seems like they would at least respond. Maybe you could call and check the status of your resume. The guy I talked to was real nice. His name is Steve Drummond. Not sure if he is the one to talk to but it's a start.

Good Luck!!

I used to teach King Airs at Communist Air. I am a check airman in King Airs at a charter company.

I sent a resume to TAB and never heard a thing. Sure would like to know how to knock on that door :)

Start bugging Bob Beziat, he's an instructor at Tab and an all-around swell guy!

He might be in the middle of 76-ER training so he might be a wee bit busy.

Use the network!

The guy I talked to was real nice. His name is Steve Drummond.

Steve Drummond??? He's at TAB? And he hasn't called me back??? I'll expose him! LOL ok thanks for the name. Steve and I got along pretty well at ATA.

Doug why isn't the quote thingie working ....

Wow I guess Mitch is keeping some old ATA contact with bringing Steve onboard. He is a really nice guy and will get some good info from him.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I sent a resume to TAB and never heard a thing. Sure would like to know how to knock on that door
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Start bugging Bob Beziat, he's an instructor at Tab and an all-around swell guy!

He might be in the middle of 76-ER training so he might be a wee bit busy.

Use the network!

[/ QUOTE ]

Works now!

Hey John, nice to herar from you! I'm not in the hiring department so I didn't know you'd applied. Please give me a call at work and I'll patch you through to the Chief Pilot. Good Luck!
Steve Drummond

I went up to visit TAB today. Talked to the CP, DO and a few other instructors, many of whom I knew from airlines and other schools. I missed Steve Drummond, he wasn't at his desk.

I'm impressed with the outfit. The cirricculum (sp?) appears to be outstanding. Most important, there are several checkpoints along the way that will catch anyone with career threatening problems.

It may be more expensive but at least they tell you that up front, so you don't get surprised by "extra" bills later.

John,
Just curious, what do you mean by "career-threatening problems?" Do you mean they weed out students due to driving records/background checks/flight record?

I would assume all schools do that before training starts. Ok maybe that's a bad assumption LOL.

No I mean lack of necessary aptitude, attitude, basic flying skills, judgement, etc. All those things that make professional pilot a job "not for everyone."

Sometimes it takes a while to catch those people who "can't stay ahead of the airplane." They get through checkrides (somehow) and make it through IOE. Sometimes it's because they are really nice people and nobody wants to fail them (bad!) Sometimes it's because of political reasons (also bad!)

TAB seems to be very serious about turning out a good product. I don't think they would "push anyone through" just because they need the money.

If you are looking for an ab initio deal and you feel you just don't want to take the time to go the CFI route, then take a look at TAB.

I read the website and gotta say - they do seem to have a solid program:

The number one being Instructors with TONS of real-world-airline experience;
King Air time;
Training based on airline standards, etc.

The price - for me - was the biggest stopper.

FOR ME I cannot justify spending between $50-$60K for the POSSIBILITY of getting a job making less than half that for quite some time.

If I was a man of means, however, and price was no object, TAB seems to have a good program.

But, I'm not, so I'll stick with the boring ol' FBO route.
laugh.gif

(NOTE: I also dig ATP's program...but, that's another thread).
wink.gif

John, are you considering instructing at TAB?

I prefer the FBO/club route myself, but I'm a self starter. Some folks want it all "laid out for them."

As far as $50-60k, well you would probably end up paying that at any of the big pilot factory schools.

Working for TAB? I would if the price was right. I don't think they can afford me, though. I'm making $50-75/hr as a consultant and I'm staying pretty busy.

Yeah, but doesn't the "I live in a van...down by the river..." get a little old after a while?
smile.gif
Or tripping over living room furniture? Or having to constantly readjust your belt?

(In reference to your avatar)

"shut up Richard" Tommy boy has so many funny lines in it..that movie cracks me up every time I see it...

Back