King Air Crash

Just saw this on liveleak. He was haulin

3 persons onboard,Captain and Medic killed, Co-Pilot survives with minor injuries. No injuries on the ground.

Investigation is still active, plane was fully functional and well maintained. This was not an emergency landing. Co-Pilot has not commented publicly but it is known that he made remarks to the Captain about the dangerous flying.

Captain had requested a go around moments before landing at an airport close by and flew dangerously fast and low heading to dragstrip according to witnesses and crashed. Captain had close connections to the club running the dragstrip.
This is the Co-Pilot's second plane accident, excactly 12 years prior to the crash he had an emergency landing where the medic that died treated him for minor injuries.
Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Pretty impressive that someone lived from that if that is accurate.

Do you have a link to an article or accident report?

I'm curious to know what was going on in this scene.

Holy f'ing poop. Gotta love the track worker with his little bobby hat who went off running directly towards the Danger at Carl Lewis speed with zero hesitation. Reckon the dragster still got there first, though.

I'm as curious as anyone as to how this all went down. That dude wasn't at anything like landing speed for a King Air. Random chance that he came down on a drag strip, or like smoke in the cockpit, or what?

Pretty impressive that someone lived from that if that is accurate.

Do you have a link to an article or accident report?

I'm curious to know what was going on in this scene.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

This is the first place I saw it, haven't found any other real information on it yet.

Edit: For some reason I have to click the link for the page and text to load, can't figure out why.

I read somewhere today that apparently the captain had some connection to the drag strip and he was show boating.

At the risk of being insensitive, how could you possibly screw up that hard in a King Air, of all things? There just has to be more to it.

I read somewhere today that apparently the captain had some connection to the drag strip and he was show boating.

Mentions that in the 2nd link I posted, as well as the survivor stating something about the captain flying dangerously in the past.

According to the available information, the pilot of the TF-MYX Beechcraft Super King Air 200 Air Ambulance, operated by Air Myflug, had requested a go around before landing at a nearby airport, and flew dangerously fast and low past the drag strip, but quickly lost altitude in what appears to have been an intended low-fly pass of the track and smashed into the ground, the plane erupting into flames upon impact. The Captain, who is said to have had connections with the operators of the strip, died in the crash, along with a Medic who was onboard. The co-pilot was the lone survivor of the crash, and although he hasn’t made any public statements on the incident, it is known that he had made remarks to the Captain about the dangerous flying manuevers before the impact.

Interestingly, the Captain had been involved in another aviation accident 12 years prior, and was treated for injuries by the very same Medic who perished with him in this crash.

So, what, reckon he got so fast that the two of them together couldn't roll it out? If you can lock up the ailerons on a King Air, you can do almost anything. Don't hire any Icelanders for your next one-car-funeral, World.

Back