KCM issues?

Xcaliber

El Chupacabra
I was driving in to work today with the news playing and there was a one line story that said the FAA was going to shutdown/reduce/do something to a program that allows crewmembers to bypass security due to a "safety inspector" who brought a gun on board a flight.

Has anyone heard any info on this?

Thats strange, because they just expanded it again... and safety inspectors don't use KCM. KCM is for aircraft crew, and some airports let their corn-rowed TSA homies go through it WITH LESS IDENTIFICATION THAN WE HAVE TO PRESENT (rant over).

Ok so I just read the article... it wasn't known crewmember, it was SIDA access. Sucks to be him, he will probably keep his job without even a downgrade in pay. Whereas I get accued of being able to take over a plane with a butter knife!

The book should be tossed at him. The End. To never hold a position that requires any access to secure environments again. But I highly doubt that'll really happen.

Additionally, dare we discuss the elements of being a responsible gun owner? Or will the NRA come diving down on us for even remotely discussing guns? Ridiculous.

I don't remember many "cornrowed homies" employed as FAA Safety Inspectors, but perhaps the FAA has relaxed it's personal appearance expectations.

I gotta start dropping by FOchat.com to see what my FO's are saying about me! :)

"Damned new Airbus captains with their fro-hawks!"

232135001f083d9981.jpg

article_post_width_Thor-Ban-Hammer.jpg

Derg said:
I don't remember many "cornrowed homies" employed as FAA Safety Inspectors, but perhaps the FAA has relaxed it's personal appearance expectations. I gotta start dropping by FOchat.com to see what my FO's are saying about me! :) "Damned new Airbus captains with their fro-hawks!"

image-3662898277.jpg

Lies!

Thats strange, because they just expanded it again... and safety inspectors don't use KCM. KCM is for aircraft crew, and some airports let their corn-rowed TSA homies go through it WITH LESS IDENTIFICATION THAN WE HAVE TO PRESENT (rant over).

"Corn-rowed", really?

"Corn-rowed", really?
I find it ironic that we have a parallel thread going where the groupthink is that looking a certain way is essential to our jobs, but in this one the suggestion that perhaps cornrows detract from the professional image of another profession that also wears a uniform is considered anathema.

I find it ironic that we have a parallel thread going where the groupthink is that looking a certain way is essential to our jobs, but in this one the suggestion that perhaps cornrows detract from the professional image of another profession that also wears a uniform is considered anathema.

I think it was more "Holy assumption, Batman!"

I know, that was… umm… "impressive".

@jwp_145 - What say you? What are we getting at here?
Merely observational, no need for people to get bent out of shape.
Last week I saw 2 airport employees try to beat up my Q70 busdriver in LGA... just because I witnessed it and reported on it on a forum doesn't make me a bigot.

Ok so I just read the article... it wasn't known crewmember, it was SIDA access. Sucks to be him, he will probably keep his job without even a downgrade in pay. Whereas I get accued of being able to take over a plane with a butter knife!
I've seen your ninja skills, the butter knife is excessive for you.

Back