KCM issues?

Unions have their place. But as a whole I do not like the "group" mentality. They don't value individual initiative.
That's odd. The ALPA group I am apart of encourages individual initiative so long as it benefits the whole. Now that might be a problem for you but there is strength in numbers.

For example, we have a pilot who is taking on the responsibility to convert our out dated cork boards and converting them to digital real time bulletin boards.

We have another group of pilots who are working hard to set up a mentor program with our pilot group. We have a lot of work to do but they are setting up a great program that takes a lot of individual initiative.

Those are just two examples of many that are being worked on currently.

Makes me very proud to be apart of such a dedicated group of pilots.

Unions have their place. But as a whole I do not like the "group" mentality. They don't value individual initiative.

I vehemently disagree with that statement.

If anything, from what I've seen, they allow individuals to bring forward their issues and either work to create a solution to those issues that benefit the group or they are given a collective voice on that individual's own issues to be better heard to benefit the group.

That's odd. The ALPA group I am apart of encourages individual initiative so long as it benefits the whole. Now that might be a problem for you but there is strength in numbers.

For example, we have a pilot who is taking on the responsibility to convert our out dated cork boards and converting them to digital real time bulletin boards.

We have another group of pilots who are working hard to set up a mentor program with our pilot group. We have a lot of work to do but they are setting up a great program that takes a lot of individual initiative.

Those are just two examples of many that are being worked on currently.

Makes me very proud to be apart of such a dedicated group of pilots.

So far I'm very happy with my current representation. The fact that the MEC chairman has no previous ALPA experience is a big bonus. The process thus far has been fantastic, and I hope it remains that way.

So far I'm very happy with my current representation. The fact that the MEC chairman has no previous ALPA experience is a big bonus. The process thus far has been fantastic, and I hope it remains that way.
I don't know why previous ALPA experience is a bad thing, but to each their own. I do agree with you about Jim. Even though he has no previous ALPA experience his demeanor and ability to lead is something that is quite helpful for a new organized labor group.

I don't know why previous ALPA experience is a bad thing, but to each their own. I do agree with you about Jim. Even though he has no previous ALPA experience his demeanor and ability to lead is something that is quite helpful for a new organized labor group.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. I said him not having it is a bonus.

We need a union that is all our own, and *some* guys might come in with positions and attitudes colored from past experience. Jim doesn't have that. That's a good thing. As an example, I have attitudes about ALPA from my previous experience with them at my regional. It will take some time for that to wear off. But so far they are doing a great job of changing my opinion.

Nah man I'm just starting out. I don't have routines, it's all in my head and I try and improve the flow. Takes a lot longer that way, but most people can't do it so it's a big leg up. I'll share videos when I'm happy with how I structure them. Besides, that night I was trolling the crowd the last few minutes anyway. :)

You have to let me know the next time you get on stage... I'll be the goofy kid with a Top Gun t-shirt, black socks with my sandals, and sipping on a Zima...

I didn't say it was a bad thing. I said him not having it is a bonus.

We need a union that is all our own, and *some* guys might come in with positions and attitudes colored from past experience. Jim doesn't have that. That's a good thing. As an example, I have attitudes about ALPA from my previous experience with them at my regional. It will take some time for that to wear off. But so far they are doing a great job of changing my opinion.

Good point. My experience is similar.

Back