KCM issues?

Dude, I have got to see your standup! You have anything posted online?
Nah man I'm just starting out. I don't have routines, it's all in my head and I try and improve the flow. Takes a lot longer that way, but most people can't do it so it's a big leg up. I'll share videos when I'm happy with how I structure them. Besides, that night I was trolling the crowd the last few minutes anyway. :)

Keeping us off topic because words and language are interesting...(to me)

I'm not old (37), but when I hear "thug" I think of mafia strongmen. Maybe I watch The Godfather too much?

Nah man I'm just starting out. I don't have routines, it's all in my head and I try and improve the flow. Takes a lot longer that way, but most people can't do it so it's a big leg up. I'll share videos when I'm happy with how I structure them. Besides, that night I was trolling the crowd the last few minutes anyway. :)

ROAD TRIP!

I love standup.

I'd love to piece together five minutes and hit the mic, but it's all over the place.

But you, my friend, as I've said, are one of the top five funniest people on the planet.

Hell, fly out to AZ and we'll go stalk Doug Stanhope down in Bisbee.

Keeping us off topic because words and language are interesting...(to me)

I'm not old (37), but when I hear "thug" I think of mafia strongmen. Maybe I watch The Godfather too much?
So who in ALPA that you know is a mafia strongman? You use the term Union thug when you discuss ALPA from time to time so I'd like to know.

Strange, I did ALPA work for 13 years, and I never encountered any such people. :rolleyes:

You are one of them. In our earlier discussions you said outright that you believe in "motivating" people through various means.

Most of my "union thug" experiences (broken windows and slashed tires) were when I worked for a non-union flooring shop in Philly. Maybe ALPA national isn't that bad, but I've heard people at my previous company talk about slashing tires in the employee lot... It brought back bad memories, and colored my view of ALPA in general.

And for the record, I'm happy that ALPA is now at my current carrier. I voted yes, and I look forward to getting a CBA.

Last edited:
You are one of them. In our earlier discussions you said outright that you believe in "motivating" people through various means.

Most of my "union thug" experiences (broken windows and slashed tires) were when I worked for a non-union flooring shop in Philly. Maybe ALPA national isn't that bad, but I've heard people at my previous company talk about slashing tires in the employee lot... It brought back bad memories, and colored my view of ALPA in general.
So dramatic.

I'm sure you heard someone who wasn't even an ALPA volunteer make an off hand comment and that set your course. You don't like organized labor, and you look for every excuse to make it right in your head that it is bad for all.

So dramatic.

I'm sure you heard someone who wasn't even an ALPA volunteer make an off hand comment and that set your course. You don't like organized labor, and you look for every excuse to make it right in your head that it is bad for all.

Unions have their place. But as a whole I do not like the "group" mentality. They don't value individual initiative.

Again, all that being said, I'm happy ALPA is at my current carrier, and I'm an ALPA member in good standing.

Sounds like all encompassing statements are being made and opinions developed by someone who loves getting on soapboxes talking against them.

I didn't make any all-encompassing statements. Obviously not ALL members are bad, but some are. Just like any group of people, the 5% hurt the other 95%.

Back