Kalitta Air Info (K4)

Is one application okay or do we need to fill one out for each airframe?
I filled both out. I knew I wanted to come here, so I wanted everything showing that, including filling out both apps. If I remember correctly, you could have had both filled out by the time you asked this question. I don't think the app here was near as bad as most other apps.

I filled both out. I knew I wanted to come here, so I wanted everything showing that, including filling out both apps. If I remember correctly, you could have had both filled out by the time you asked this question. I don't think the app here was near as bad as most other apps.

Thank you

How are they about beards, long hair, not wearing ties, and visible tattoos? Is it pretty chill or is it like the 121 world?

How are they about beards, long hair, not wearing ties, and visible tattoos? Is it pretty chill or is it like the 121 world?

Just like any other part 121 carrier in regards to appearances. We ditch the tie when we get on the plane. Then put back on before we get off the plane.

Just like any other part 121 carrier in regards to appearances. We ditch the tie when we get on the plane. Then put back on before we get off the plane.
I am still trying to figure out exactly who cargo management thinks they are trying to impress by forcing their pilots to wear the monkey suit. In pax travel we are in front of the end customer. In cargo no one gives a crap on the ramp. being able to wear something more normal should be a perk of the job.

I am still trying to figure out exactly who cargo management thinks they are trying to impress by forcing their pilots to wear the monkey suit. In pax travel we are in front of the end customer. In cargo no one gives a crap on the ramp. being able to wear something more normal should be a perk of the job.
There are places we go where being in the monkey suit helps while working. There are places where the monkey suit hurts. We're still a 121 airline, so they have us wear it. In my prior life, it was all about a low profile, so we wore business suits on all of our flights. The company says wear the monkey suit, so we wear it. The thing I don't understand is Ameriflight and places like that wearing it. If you're loading freight, why on earth are you wearing a white shirt? Why do CFI's wear the monkey suit? That's insane!!

Having said that, from my understanding on the issue at us specifically (MRDSCC), is they want people in uniform in case of an evacuation. Once we get to cruise, it's all pajamas, or relaxed uniform, whatever goes within reason...then before TOD, we get professional again. It is what it is.

The beard thing...if you want that, go overseas, and you can have anything you want. In the US, for the most part, if you're on with a US 121 carrier, though shall not have anything but a mustache. It is what it is. My goatee is mostly blonde now (screw you, it's blonde, okay ;-) )and I'd like to keep it, but I'm no longer flying for Airnet. Gotta do what the boss says.

asking for a friend...guessing they will go senior?

I don't feel like it will go very senior. Some 76 CA's may jump over the the 77 but a lot are still under the seat lock. I don't think a lot of 74 guys will either. I would guess about 15-12 will be new CA's with 5-8 being other CA's transferring over. I've been wrong before though. Looks like new hires will go into the 777 though.

I don't feel like it will go very senior. Some 76 CA's may jump over the the 77 but a lot are still under the seat lock. I don't think a lot of 74 guys will either. I would guess about 15-12 will be new CA's with 5-8 being other CA's transferring over. I've been wrong before though. Looks like new hires will go into the 777 though.
Anybody senior to me is invited to bid over. Other thank that, I think it'll go junior or new hire on the FO side.

Back