Just Started

Commercial Single and CFI single checkride tomorrow, after this I'm finished with the ACPP at ATP. I feel really good that all will go well. Looking back I can't believe how much I have learned since coming to ATP and how smooth everything has gone. I would highly recommend the Daytona location to anyone considering ATP. I was worried about everything going as planned when I came here being the fast track program but it has been an excellent ride!

So all in all summarize things up will you after you are completed. How long it took you to get the program done (bottom line, no excuses), how much things cost you (including food, checkrides, etc..), and checkride passage (if any ride took you longer and why). If you would do that it would be helpful for future people looking at various things. Again congrats on the progress. Tell ole Pete, meyers said hello.

So all in all summarize things up will you after you are completed. How long it took you to get the program done (bottom line, no excuses), how much things cost you (including food, checkrides, etc..), and checkride passage (if any ride took you longer and why). If you would do that it would be helpful for future people looking at various things. Again congrats on the progress. Tell ole Pete, meyers said hello.

So I passed today, I am now back home in Melbourne!

I started the program on July 1st and finished today, included in that 105 days was a surfing trip to Nicaragua I took for 12 days, subtract that and it took me 93 days and I had plenty of other days off, PLENTY! If I really needed or wanted a day off, I had it.

I did not take the jet course so total cost for the program was $52,500 plus $3150 in checkrides (I had to recheck on my CFII). Total $55,650.

Food? Not sure, I wasn't exactly eating Outback everynight. A lot of Tombstone pizzas though! Right Sean?

My time at ATP was awesome, I was ready to get everything finished of course but it was a great program. There is something to be said about having a team of full time instructors around who are on salary and always willing to help you out. I can't tell you how many times someone who wasn't my instructor sat down with me and helped me out if I had a question.

BIG thanks goes out to all you guys at Daytona (you know who you are) for helping me get the ratings I have today!

Meyers, if there is one thing I learned while at ATP that I will take with me it is this: "It's a Seminole, not a submarine."

Congrats man! Good ole MLB! Sit back and enjoy. And most of all take your new skills and learn with them. Thats really the largest key with this as you move forward. I think many more who are far more experienced then I would agree with that. Don preaches it a lot on here, each rating is a liscense to learn. Now take them and learn but most of all enjoy your new found skills.

Yeah, there were a few on going jokes. I know that being safe is a good thing, but you don't divert around a lake because you don't have any flotation gear on board either.

Congrats, I know the feeling of completing this program. I too busted my CFII rating, but it did me good. I was offered a job by ATP, but I wanted to teach in singles, which is that I did at another 141 school. Now that I fly corporate, I look back at my teaching days in awe at how much that helped me in real world experiance. I dont think I couldve skipped the teaching route.

That's one thing I like about ATP when I went there. Every instructor there would hang out helping any student that need it. I loved the open sessions and voluntary ground-school classes (and debates haha) that an instructor would just decide to do for the fun of it. Maybe it was because it was a salery paycheck instead of a hourly paycheck.

^I agree, I was kind of skeptical because there are no "scheduled" ground classes but it all works out fine. Every instructor and student knows where each other is in the program and helps you out, it was a great atmosphere for learning.

Congrats to Stan and Sean (imatworkallday) for completing the program as well!

From what I've heard ATP is hiring ACPP graduates, you just have to go sit in Jacksonville and answer phones for a couple of weeks until a slot becomes available.

I decided to submit a resume to Flight Safety so that I can keep living in Satellite Beach (Melbourne). I have an interview scheduled for this Thursday, hopefully it all works out.

Congratulations! It feels GREAT the first time you get paid to fly. Enjoy it as the experience will be some of your fondest memories of aviation.

Congrats on the job! It is a lot of fun to have the hobbs turn in your favor. And dont take BillH's comments to seriously. Many people borrow money for education and schooling to be in a position to make money the rest of their lives. Welcome to the Pro side of aviaiton. May your number of take offs always equal your landings!:rawk:

Back