Just Started

In CFI school now, have to take my Multi Commerical in the morning. Going with a new examiner I've never flown with so we'll see how it goes.....

Done and Passed!

Now I can focus on my MEI, CFI school's going great. Hopefully I will have everything done in the next couple of weeks.

MEI checkride is scheduled for Friday.

I should be fine with everything, just need to do some more studying tomorrow for the oral and maybe hop in the sim and do some teaching. Hopefully I'll be done with ATP in the next week or so!

MEI checkride is scheduled for Friday.

I should be fine with everything, just need to do some more studying tomorrow for the oral and maybe hop in the sim and do some teaching. Hopefully I'll be done with ATP in the next week or so!

Congrats on your success through the program, man... jealous as hell that you've got it all done. About 2.5 months left for me. :crazy:

I am now officially an MEI!

Exam went really well from the get go. Oral was about 2.5 hours, maybe more then the flight was a little over an hour.

Having all aspects of the emergency checklist memorized is a must for this ride, examiner wants to see that you can safely/quickly go through and complete checklist without burning too much time.

Now on to my CFII, doing the ground work on Sunday and hopefully I'll have my checkride by mid week, then it's on to my single engine commercial and CFI.

All goes as planned I might be out of here by the end of next weekend!

Congrats! The CFII will feel like a piece of cake... transitioning back to the single however... ooof! ;)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Bob

^Thanks Bob. I will keep ya updated. I am eager to get the CFII out of the way and move back into the single engine stuff. I flew a 172 around Orlando with a friend the other day and went through some of the manuevers with him, my landing was absolutely horrible, not near enough flare, def going to work on that! You don't realize how easy the Seminole is to fly/land until you hop back into a 172 with a 15 knot x-wind!

Congrats on your progress and keep up the good work. It is nice to see the motivation that you have. Enjoy teaching, it was honestly a great experience. I just wish I had realized it at the time.

No Maverick, just pointing out the fact of how different it is going back into a Cessna and how a moderate x-wind affects you much more than in the Seminole.

Well, I have my CFII checkride in the morning. Feeling pretty good after spending the last two days studying like crazy. Spent some time in the sim as well touching up everything. Should be a successful ride if I don't do anything stupid!

Congrats on the II. Its the one that truely will mean the most in your career.... Good luck with the single engine stuff!

no need for 15 kts cross winds though ;)!

Well, I have my CFII checkride in the morning. Feeling pretty good after spending the last two days studying like crazy. Spent some time in the sim as well touching up everything. Should be a successful ride if I don't do anything stupid!

good luck Jeff, you will do fine buddy.

Now on the other hand, i dont know how i will do on my CFII ride on monday, thats just a scary thought for me at the moment. :)

Oral is done, we have to do the flying in the morning. Was tougher than I expected, seemed like everything I didn't study he asked me and everything I studied he didn't. I guess that's the way it goes though.

Can't wait to get this flight done!

Oral should be the tough part of that ride. The flying, well needless to say if you are already an MEI and IRA rated should be just another day and another ride. Just talk a lot and teach!

Keep the head up and nail it next time. Failure is only failure if you dont learn from your failure! Go drink a cold beer and dont let it get ya down!

Finally had my recheck today, my examiner was backed up so I wasn't able to get my recheck until today. Everything went fine so I now have my MEI & CFII. Now it's onto the single engine and back in the Cessna.

Back