Just moved to a new company,,,,

jonnyb

I'm pretty stoked guys and gals......

I just got a new job working way closer to home and flying better equipment. I'm still a PIC on the King Air's and will be FO on the Lear 35/55 and a Hawker. I'm honestly not going to miss flying the Citation and I'm looking forward to the challenge of learning a couple new airplanes.

It was kind of stagnant at the company I just left so these new opportunities are another positive step in the right direction. I'm going to be working my @$$ off but there's always pro's and con's to every move. Just thought I'd share this with everyone. With all of the negativity in the "air" regarding the state of civil aviation right now, it's nice to hear those good stories now I then, I figured. There are jobs out there (at least in Ca); you just have to find them. Anyone else here fly out of CRQ in So. Cal.?

Did you fly a citation V (I think thats what it is)? I sat in the cockpit of one of those and it has the best view of any other airplane I've been in.

Good luck on the new job.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
. Anyone else here fly out of CRQ in So. Cal.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly into CRQ often. Dad has a condo in Carlsbad. Back in 79 when it was built, there was lots of open real estate around there........no longer.

What do you mean by working your ass off? I consider working more than 12 days a month working my ass off.....

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else here fly out of CRQ in So. Cal.?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet,
wink.gif
but hopefully will soon.
grin.gif
(read 1.5 years) I do live near the airport and occasionally stop by.

BTW- What airport where you working at before?

[ QUOTE ]
Did you fly a citation V (I think thats what it is)? I sat in the cockpit of one of those and it has the best view of any other airplane I've been in.
Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom
That view translates into a very uncomfortable cockpit with all the solar gain. If its warm in the airplane and the passengers open thier vents it robs the air from the pilots and can get very warm up front, for that reason I too don't miss the 500 series citations, plus the fact they're slow.

johnnyb
Congradulations on the new job and the challenges of flying something new.

Yeah, that's the downside I've heard too. My instructor got to ride right seat in one once and he said it was just like a greenhouse.

Tom

jonnyb
Just out of curiosity are you going to be flying in 4 types of aircraft? Part 91 or 135? The most I ever did comfortabley was 3 types, a CE-550, BH-222 and a BE-200 (captain on all 3) did Flight Safety 5 times in one year ... that sucked. The older I get the more simplified I want life to be so I am down to 2 aircraft right now and kinda of like it that way.

Good Luck and remember to fly smart and be safe.

Hey thats great jonnyb!

Hey Iain and I were down at CRQ IFR one night and said hi to Arusha on frequency.

To answer the questions..........

My last job was flying out of SNA (John Wayne-O.C.). The slowtation.....oops, I mean Citations (LOL) I was flying were the Bravo and the Five. Actually, they're really cool airplanes due to their simplicity. The Citation 500's are easier to fly than the King Airs. Speeds almost the same too,,,,
grin.gif

And C650CPT, to answer your question; I'm flying three airplanes. The King Airs, Lear 35/55 (same systems and type) and a Hawker. I guess technically that's four huh? I swear, I really do know how to count to 10. Thanks guys!
cool.gif

Hey Ed! Thanks a lot dude. Hope to see you around sometime soon,,,,it's been awhile.
smile.gif
How's everything goin'? I've been checking out your website from time to time,,,,,pretty cool!

[ QUOTE ]
The King Airs, Lear 35/55 (same systems and type) and a Hawker

[/ QUOTE ]

So, do you have to take checkrides every year and stay current in all models you currently fly?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My last job was flying out of SNA (John Wayne-O.C.). The slowtation.....oops, I mean Citations (LOL)

[/ QUOTE ]

The crustacean?
smile.gif

Jet prices at turboprop speeds?

Yup, that sounds about right
wink.gif
I like the jet prices at turboprop speeds part
grin.gif

A300Capt to answer your question, yes. A line check every year and a 297 or Inst. prof. check every six months. Each have to be done in the King Air and in ONE of the jets.
blush.gif
So not quite all the airplanes. Oh well, nothin' like havin' the opportunity to fail twice a year!
laugh.gif

Hey Jonny, where were you flying out of at SNA? I fly out of the west side of the field. I've been planning on walking over to West Coast Charters and Komar Aviation within the next few weeks and dropping an application off. Know anything about these places?

I just left WCC for the job I have now. I don't know anything about Komar. How much time do you have? Any turbine experience?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Ed! Thanks a lot dude. Hope to see you around sometime soon,,,,it's been awhile.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no kidding! Do you live closer to CRQ than SNA? Must have been a looong drive!

[ QUOTE ]
How's everything goin'? I've been checking out your website from time to time,,,,,pretty cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot!
Well I just finished an aerobatics course at LGB and am scheduling my commercial and CFI rides now
shocked.gif

I'm sure things will go great at your new job.
cool.gif

Back