Just got back from my SOLO!!!

tripleseven

This morning I completed my solo! I logged .4 PIC, making a total of 19.7 hours to date. So here's how it played out:

My instructor and I get in the plane and leave the airport around 10:15am and stayed in the pattern. I did two touch n go. First one was not my greatest, I landed too hard. Second one was better and acceptable to my instructor. I then taxied back to parking, instructor left and said give me 3 touch n go. At that point I was nervous but kept my cool. First touch and go was ok, but the second two were definately not my best. I bounced on both of them. I guess I wasnt really expecting the change in performance with just me in the plane. On both of them I decided not to save them and just went full power and back into the pattern. Finally, I landed and went back to parking.

All in all, it was a very fun experience. Also thanks to everyone here for your advice and encouraging words.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

When I did my solo, my instructor took me up and after 2 stop and gos, told me to pull into the FBO ramp and said "ok do three like that" and got out. It didn't hit me he wasn't in the plane until I was on right downwind and leaned forward to look past my now nonexistant instructor. Few deep breathes later and I was turning base. I believe the first solo is like the first girl you kissed. Never forget it.

Congrats man!

Now regardless of whatever happens in the future you'll always be able to say that you've soloed an airplane! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Congrats! Your first solo will be an experience that you will never forget. Did you get your shirt tail cut off?

Nope didnt get the shirt cut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thats ok though, I dont think my CFI would want to touch it, I was sweating pretty bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It was hot in the cabin, and that was at 10am.

Back