Just finished AT-SAT

Stockpower

Well, I just got back from taking the AT-SAT today. I didn't study much , but I did read through a ton of posts on here. I am anxious to know how good or bad I did.

The problem areas for me on the test were; analogies (i think I missed quite a few of those) the letter factory's random questions got me pretty good..but the letter factory game itself was really easy. And the scan portion in the beginning, despite reading over and over that I should familiarize myself with the 10-key pad i didn't and I know my score on that portion will reflect that.

I didn't crash any planes but I did have a couple errors along the way (forgot to slow them down for landing in the airport). Felt sorry for the guy on the side of me, he crashed atleast 10 or 15 times.

Now I'll just sit, wait, and pray I get a well qualified. But I won't get my expectations to high.....

Anyways I came here to thank all of you for the insightful posts! I don't know my score yet, but I know it would have been much worse if it wasn't for ya'll.

Thanks !

Congrats! Good luck with the score buddy! Now for the motto of the next 12 months of your life....."hurry up and wait". That is how the rest of this process will be, but it is worth it!

UTAMAV:bandit:

I crashed a bunch of blips on the ATC scenarios, but other than that I did well, 94.6

Edit: I was told by one of the test administrators (who was retired ATC) that the psych questions at the end count for more than anything else.

I crashed a bunch of blips on the ATC scenarios, but other than that I did well, 94.6

Edit: I was told by one of the test administrators (who was retired ATC) that the psych questions at the end count for more than anything else.

When I took my ATSAT the test admin also a retired ATC (maybe even the same guy as yours) told us the math portion is weighed the most.

Even still, I wish you the best and I'm sure you did WQ! :rawk:

That's good you have it over with. I saw somebody getting a score in 2 days (on Pubnat 7). Good luck!

I had a quick question though. I was looking through this Math guide(see below) and it's somewhat different from the math practice in the green book. What does it actually look like on the test?

Here is the post fot the math guide:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...nnoucements/67879-sat-math-prep-download.html

I remember the test looking a lot like it does starting on page 11. There are some basic instructions at the beginning, but none of the formulas and explanations at the beginning.

That's good you have it over with. I saw somebody getting a score in 2 days (on Pubnat 7). Good luck!

I had a quick question though. I was looking through this Math guide(see below) and it's somewhat different from the math practice in the green book. What does it actually look like on the test?

Here is the post fot the math guide:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...nnoucements/67879-sat-math-prep-download.html

Just keep in mind that on the test the answers to the problems won't be exact (Example: The answer wont be 117miles, it will be 120miles.) Just be prepared to do lots of rounding up or down.

Hello everyone!

I'm practicing scan tonight...:p Jeremy Justice's version would not give me the results for some reason:confused:. Is it even supposed to or that's just for practicing?:dunno:

Maria

p.s. So far, I'm worried about Analogies and Letter Factory most on all...:insane: 2 weeks b4 the test...:insane:

Hello everyone!

I'm practicing scan tonight...:p Jeremy Justice's version would not give me the results for some reason:confused:. Is it even supposed to or that's just for practicing?:dunno:

Maria

p.s. So far, I'm worried about Analogies and Letter Factory most on all...:insane: 2 weeks b4 the test...:insane:

Pretty sure you don't get a score. Letter Factory is easy, and analogies just suck. Nothing to be worried about though.

Hello everyone!

Maria

It's really nothing to worry about. Just make sure you get plenty of rest prior to the test. It's a LONG day!

One BIG piece of advice: RTFI!

Read The _______ Instructions.

(I'll let you guess what the F stands for)

Hello everyone!

Maria

Good luck on the test.

Like mentioned above, get a good night rest before the test.

Also before you start the test, the admin will open the floor for you guys to ask questions about the test or any concerns.

For what its worth:
Our class asked which part of the test is weighed the most, he said "do well on the math portion" which is the first few sections. Like the math solving problem and instrument readings.

Again, good luck, you'll do great!

:guns::guns::guns::guns::guns:
Working on Math tonight...
Trying to understand why I can get 100% solving the problems from the Green Book and only 50% if I work it off the CD!!!...:insane:

:chair:

:deadhorse:

No, you've just got to LOOOOVE this green book. CD math: 18/30, 29/30, 25/30, 17/30... Error Error Error...

:whip: it, :whip: it good!!!

:argue: I'm already talking to myself on-line...That's a good start... Whoever takes the test with me on the 29th, make sure you don't sit by me - I'll be talking just like a sleepy truck driver on the road: "I sing about what I see"....:blowkiss::insane: :laff:

Back