Just finished AT-SAT

:deadhorse:

No, you've just got to LOOOOVE this green book. CD math: 18/30, 29/30, 25/30, 17/30... Error Error Error...

:whip: it, :whip: it good!!!

:argue: I'm already talking to myself on-line...That's a good start... Whoever takes the test with me on the 29th, make sure you don't sit by me - I'll be talking just like a sleepy truck driver on the road: "I sing about what I see"....:blowkiss::insane: :laff:

You are talking to yourself online....hmm...looks like you are just crazy enough for this job haha...you should do just fine on the psych eval when you get to the PEPC later on. :crazy:

I'm sure this has been answered before, But on the actual test do you have as much time as you want for each question, or is it similar to the CD where it gives ya like 30 seconds then switches to the next question?

I'm sure this has been answered before, But on the actual test do you have as much time as you want for each question, or is it similar to the CD where it gives ya like 30 seconds then switches to the next question?

1 min per question, I think...:rolleyes:

You are talking to yourself online....hmm...looks like you are just crazy enough for this job haha...you should do just fine on the psych eval when you get to the PEPC later on. :crazy:

I'm sure with all this waiting I would be on the same page with everybody else, when it comes to the psych test :drool:

:beer:

I don't remember there being a time limit on each question, just the time limit for the section as a whole.

I took the test on Friday the 12th, received my score on monday the 15th. Good luck on your score ;)

Your time line held up for me too. Tested on Saturday the 13th, received score on Tuesday 16th.

Averagely well qualified at 92.7. I felt I did really well on all the intelligence and SAT type questions like I thought I would.

BUT...that ATC game kicked my butt....it was so frustrating for me. The damn thing just wouldn't respond like I wanted it to. I would set the planes up to aim diagonally for the departure gates thinking it would be better for the "efficiency score" and then I'd forget to catch them in the one or two cycles I needed to. I also clipped the sides of the entrance to the airports and gates more than once because it looked to me like the clearance distance was fine. A few of the games ended before my planes could get to their destinations too, which didn't make sense to me because I got them there in as straight a line and at as fast a speed as I thought I could.

I probably got 5 proximity warnings to walls and other planes, and crashed 5 others, 2 into each other and 3 into walls/airports. Oh...and the runways never changed direction on me once!

One more thing, those questions at the end of letter factory games....yeah my brain doesn't work like that...thats what I told myself so I wouldn't feel bad for not remembering hardly any of the answers.

Hello, everyone!

I got a question for those who had a working Letter Factory (on CD) and took the test already. Is it the same?:beer: Thanks.:blowkiss:

Maria

Hello, everyone!

I got a question for those who had a working Letter Factory (on CD) and took the test already. Is it the same?:beer: Thanks.:blowkiss:

Maria

Nope, nothing similar except that they both had letters and asked some questions during the game. The rules were completely different in the green book version. The letter factory that came on the CD was probably the most useless thing in the whole package.

Your time line held up for me too. Tested on Saturday the 13th, received score on Tuesday 16th.

Averagely well qualified at 92.7. I felt I did really well on all the intelligence and SAT type questions like I thought I would.

BUT...that ATC game kicked my butt....it was so frustrating for me. The damn thing just wouldn't respond like I wanted it to. I would set the planes up to aim diagonally for the departure gates thinking it would be better for the "efficiency score" and then I'd forget to catch them in the one or two cycles I needed to. I also clipped the sides of the entrance to the airports and gates more than once because it looked to me like the clearance distance was fine. A few of the games ended before my planes could get to their destinations too, which didn't make sense to me because I got them there in as straight a line and at as fast a speed as I thought I could.

I probably got 5 proximity warnings to walls and other planes, and crashed 5 others, 2 into each other and 3 into walls/airports. Oh...and the runways never changed direction on me once!

One more thing, those questions at the end of letter factory games....yeah my brain doesn't work like that...thats what I told myself so I wouldn't feel bad for not remembering hardly any of the answers.

Congrats on the score ! From what I've read and seen, they must not weigh the scenario game, letter factory questions, or analogies heavily. It seems like the math is the real "make or break" your score section.

I have a question; since we passed does that guarantee we get to select geo. preferences ? Or is that also something we might not get considered for? :dunno: From signatures on here the average time frame for that seems like 2-3 months, if anyone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Congrats on the score ! From what I've read and seen, they must not weigh the scenario game, letter factory questions, or analogies heavily. It seems like the math is the real "make or break" your score section.

I have a question; since we passed does that guarantee we get to select geo. preferences ? Or is that also something we might not get considered for? :dunno: From signatures on here the average time frame for that seems like 2-3 months, if anyone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.
Pretty sure if you pass, you get a GEOPREF email.

1. Sounds like analogies and letter factory are not the priority, but I think the senarios are.
2. Some people say it's a 50/50 chance for geos if you did well on the test. But my assumption is based on the posts only.

I got pics of angles and dials all over my cubical now:rotfl:And the multiplication table... :cool: And a prayer poster:p

:deadhorse:

No, you've just got to LOOOOVE this green book. CD math: 18/30, 29/30, 25/30, 17/30... Error Error Error...

:whip: it, :whip: it good!!!

:argue: I'm already talking to myself on-line...That's a good start... Whoever takes the test with me on the 29th, make sure you don't sit by me - I'll be talking just like a sleepy truck driver on the road: "I sing about what I see"....:blowkiss::insane: :laff:

You're pretty good at using the smileys.....hehe

1. Sounds like analogies and letter factory are not the priority, but I think the senarios are.
2. Some people say it's a 50/50 chance for geos if you did well on the test. But my assumption is based on the posts only.

I got pics of angles and dials all over my cubical now:rotfl:And the multiplication table... :cool: And a prayer poster:p

very few people don't get geo prefs if they pass the test (and from what I can tell it was because of errors with their application information). even Q people get the geo pref email.

you shouldn't have much trouble with the dials, that was pretty simple. Angles were pretty easy as well, just a couple that you have to look at for a few seconds and think about them to answer. Most of them were pretty simple. read the directions, focus during the practice portions, know your 10-key number pad, take breaks. Don't worry too much :) I'm sure you'll do great.

Sorry to keep tacking on questions, but I have a few more things to ask regarding geography preferences. I currently live in Louisiana and would like to remain here or in one of the surrounding states such as; Arkansas or Mississippi. But I am willing to go anywhere if necessary.

My questions, would picking something like Louisiana &Mississippi combo be very unwise choices? Should I throw in a more populated state like Texas to stay on the safer side? And also, Would I still get considered for other states aside from just the preferences I provide?

Thanks in advance.

It seems that they don't consider you for states other than what you put on your geo preferences, unless there is a special case. In the past there were special openings for Alaska and Hawaii specifically, and a bunch of people from PUBNAT2 that didn't get selected got an email asking if they wanted to go to Louisiana. Things like that indicate more need in those areas, but it also means that they probably have a ton of applicants for those areas now, because everyone saw there was a need.

My advice would be to just pick two states you are willing to go, and don't be afraid to get specific about counties or cities if there is a specific facility you would love to have.

Sorry to keep tacking on questions, but I have a few more things to ask regarding geography preferences. I currently live in Louisiana and would like to remain here or in one of the surrounding states such as; Arkansas or Mississippi. But I am willing to go anywhere if necessary.

My questions, would picking something like Louisiana &Mississippi combo be very unwise choices? Should I throw in a more populated state like Texas to stay on the safer side? And also, Would I still get considered for other states aside from just the preferences I provide?

Thanks in advance.
I picked Arkansas and Washington State. Currently, I live in Arkansas, and it just so happens that I got selected for the airport/TRACON facility in the city that I live in.

The south is pretty sparsely populated, so you are going to be terminal if you select AR/LA/MS. ARTCCs are located in TN, MO, TX, GA, FL.

Me and three others got picked up for FSM as OTS hires. I haven't seen anyone on this board get selected for LIT. (Those two are the only 2 FAA facilities in AR). In all honesty, put down where you WANT to work, and make a note in the comments if you're willing to go anywhere--however, only put you're willing to go anywhere if you really mean it.

Back