June 20th En-Route academy

JRC,
There is an enroute class starting on the 24th for the Initial Enroute training. He must not have to do the basics Enroute course which begins on the 20th of june due to possibly already being a CTI or Military controller, etc. So his tool must be somewhat sharp.

Hey congrats on getting your FOL, I guess I will be in the next wave of acceptance...or maybe the next one...lol. Again, congrats and hopefully I will be in OKC soon.

Hey guys, I actually got to talk to the "famous" Robert Anderson on Saturday. He offered me the June 20th class but it is to soon for me. I know what some of you are saying right now.:crazy: I was supposed to be in the July 14th class but I guess it is filled wit east/west coast centers(I am going to ZKC). I got put on a wait list for this class but I am supposed to be in the July 30th class for sure. Just wanted to let everybody know about that class date. Good Luck to everybody.

AU,
Yeah get ahold of me. This won't be my first rodeo up there. I have spent around a year in training on and off with the FAA there. We have to go to my old stomping ground "THE WELL CLUB"!!!

Well I got the phone call from Robert today. I'll be joining you guys on the 20th in OKC. Look forward to working with you guys.

I look forward to meeting you, I will be seeing you there. If you would like to make a couple of trips home we can share the expenses which would be quite nice. See ya soon. Give me a PM or email me at JDN_77@yahoo and I will give you my cell phone if you have any questions.

Dustin

Well it looks like that is 3 of us who have received the FOL! Congrats JRC and 1028jdn see you in class. Does anyone know how many people are usually assigned to each class?

I look forward to meeting you, I will be seeing you there. If you would like to make a couple of trips home we can share the expenses which would be quite nice. See ya soon. Give me a PM or email me at xxxxx and I will give you my cell phone if you have any questions.

Dustin

You should take your email off of there. ANYONE (spam bots included) can access these forums.

Well, ask and you shall receive........

I emailed Mr. Anderson this morning seeing if I can get an earlier class date than Aug 19th since I am currently unemployed. He called me back about a half hour ago to let me know that I can attend the classes with you guys and that my FOL is in the mail. :nana2:

Looks like I got about 11 days to find housing, buy some clothes, and change my oil for the long car ride out there. :panic:

Welcome aboard mugenfan_98,

If you want some of the contact numbers and internet addresses so you can begin making arrangements feel free contacting me via PM.
Glad you will be able to join our class.

Did all of you go to the Ft. Worth Pepci? I guess I should give Robert another phone call, and I hope that I can get in on that class too. Congrats to you all. Also, when does that class end?

Looking on the Academy Intranet at work, the class size should be 18-20. That is typical to all FAA class sizes depending on the complexity of the course. I attended ACEPS which is ARTCC Critical and Essential Power System and the class size is kept to less than 12. That is an example of a complex course though. I can't wait for it to start. The only bad thing is that they don't pay a trip home during training. In our PASS contract any class over 8 weeks you are allowed a paid trip home.

AU,

The classes are larger than I thought, but that is cool.
Since you are already there how long will we be assigned the
day/night shift before having to switch?

It's different for each class. When my basics class began, we started on a Friday, 7am to 3:30pm. We continued that scheduled for the next week. Then we were on at 3:30pm to midnight for two weeks. The remaining bit of basics we were back to 7am to 3:30pm. Some of the newer classes are doing the opposite of that.

Now, the tower training is completely different. For the last two weeks, we've been on 6am to 2:30pm. This Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, we'll be on 3:30-midnight shift. Then for a couple days next week, we'll work from 10am-6:30pm. From that point on, I don't have a clue what the schedule is :)

Shift work isn't as bad as some make it out to be. I don't even consider this shift work because you have lots of time on the same shift to get adjusted. Of course, I also worked nothing but shift work before this, sometimes with as little as 4 hours in between 2 10 hour shifts. :)

Hope that helps!

Wow 34 and 24 people in the classes that is alot and out of the FAA norm. They are really trying to make those numbers look good for congress and the public. I have never had a class at the FAA over 20 people and only had 20 once. It has always been 15-18 and I have been to 8 classes up there. Luckily only one of the classes has been nights, but it was actually nicer, no suits around!!! I can't believe they are juggling classes around like that though between day and night and so forth. I haven't ever heard of that either until now. Usually you would only have a day or a night class for the entire time. I suppose they are trying to get all the scheduling in on the equipment with the amount of people they have. ARE THEY PAYING THE "NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL" FOR HAVING TO WORK PAST 6:00 P.M.? I know in the Tech Ops side they don't pay it while you are at the academy, but I don't know about Air Traffic.

My TRACON basics class has only 4 students in it:p
With VRA and CTI joining in RTF, we should be up to 12 or so.
Students do not get the night pay.

AU,
How often did you study in basics and how often do you study for tower cab?

Back