June 20th En-Route academy

Keep calling places and get on the waiting list. People WILL drop out or move around to a different place. Get on the waiting list to a couple places and keep in touch with them and you will find a place.

Thanks for the advice I have done both.

Additionally I received my final offer this morning via Fedex!

Lady T, what facility did you get? did u get an email with your final offer or just the fedex?

I'm headed to Fort Worth center. What facility are you going to JRC?
The email with the final offer for 20 something people as well as myself will be sent out tomorrow morning. That is per Robert Anderson.

P.S. If anyone has plans on flying to OKC the FAA will purchase the airline ticket for you. Since this information is part of the student packet many
people are not aware of it.

I'm heading to Houston Center. Robert is my contact as well but I have yet to hear from him. Did you talk to him today? I recently moved from miami back to houston and sent him a couple of emails with the new address but I can't get a response to verify he got it. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier but congratulations! I hear fort worth is a great center. I also hear rumors that they want to combine houston with fort worth. Not any time soon but who knows. Well Good luck and hopefully I'll be there with you soon.

Thanks for the congrats and welcome to the lone star state, where I'm sure the cost of living is a little bit cheaper.

I emailed Robert this morning and told him I didn't receive the FOL but wrote down everything that I did receive. He called me back and told me that he had my FOL as well as 20-something others sitting right in front of him on his desk and that he will come in tomorrow on his day off and email them all out.

So if you have actually received the OKC packet but not the FOL and you don't get the email tomorrow morning, then send him an email First thing Monday morning.

Good luck and I hope you make it to our class.

I am waiting on my FOL for Houston also, but I have not received anything yet. Is it normal to recieve your fedex packet first and then the email...or was that just a fluke? I have talked with Robert and I know I have my clearances and am just waiting for the FOL...meh, I guess I just wait, but I would love to be on that list. Did you go to the ft. worth pepc by chance?

I spoke with Robert yesterday and he had said that he was getting the FOL's out either today "Friday" or possibly "Sat", I thought the Saturday was odd but hey gotta due what you gotta do. I am suppose to be in that class so I contacted him to verify, good thing I did because I wasn't cleared due to them not recieving my drug test. I had to tell him that one wasn't required for me because I am in a drug test position already with the FAA. He had to acknowledge it but then placed me on the list. I haven't recieved a FOL yet either, but I should more than likely be in that class and heading back here to Houston center. It is going to be odd working on the Air Traffic side since I have been on the Tech Ops side for the past 7 years. I had to take a $60,000 pay cut to due this but hey in the long run its gonna pay off. There is no failure option for me!!!

I'm heading to Houston Center. Robert is my contact as well but I have yet to hear from him. Did you talk to him today? I recently moved from miami back to houston and sent him a couple of emails with the new address but I can't get a response to verify he got it. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier but congratulations! I hear fort worth is a great center. I also hear rumors that they want to combine houston with fort worth. Not any time soon but who knows. Well Good luck and hopefully I'll be there with you soon.

JRC,
They have been talking for years about doing away with the Houston Center and placing it somewhere around the Huntsville, TX area. The FAA purchased a little over a 100 acres in that area to possibly look at building a new center, but when they got the cost/bids back it was well over what they wanted to spend. They are wanting/wishing to relocate to get the center out of the high locality pay area, and to replace this aging center and trust me it is aging, I work on the equipment around here. What most people don't realize is Houston center is one of a kind there isn't another center like it. This center was designed by Lady Bird Johnson herself. Most of the other centers are based on the same designs and layouts. There will come a day when something will be done with this center but I don't see it happening within the next ten years. I haven't even seen any firm plans out yet for review by engineering and that takes at least five years from the date those come out to become a concept in reality.

Thanks for the info 1028JDN. Hopefully they won't move it to Huntsville. I live in sugarland so it would be a drive. Sounds like the Houston guys are the only ones waiting on there FOL. I'll be sure to post as soon as hear something. Make sure they didnt get forget about any of us. lol.

Yeah it is odd that alot of us haven't gotten their FOL's period or any kind of responses to emails. LADYT, seems that she has no problems getting responses back to emails, but I can't get a one with 6 emails sent. I even called and called and called but to no avail. Finally I talked to Mrs. Caves and she put me over to him to discuss my matters. He stated that I was clear and should expect the FOL soon. I hope this is true as I have planned my life around this June 20th class, plus if anyone doesn't already know this will be the last class you can be in to obtain the 90 days in the Fiscal Year to get your OSI increase. That can amount to an extra 3-5% in basic pay when you return to your facility.
I actually live up around the Cleveland area, but Huntsville would still be a hell of a drive for me also. Right now going into IAH from up here is right at 43 minutes from door step to door step at the Center. 59 north up here will soon be the Autobahn of East Texas when its complete though, which will be quite nice. I will make sure I get in touch with the folks if I hear/see any new information on the FOL's as well as I hope you all do the same.

Don't be suprised if you don't get your FOL's a few days before the academy date. We had quite a few people that didn't get their academy info/FOL's less than a week before we were supposed to be at the academy...we even had one guy that didn't get any of his stuff until he was at the academy!!

Feels like a shot in the dark to get anybody to answer the phone these days. They must be getting a ton of calls a day. I posted earlier in a different post that I have a friend going to Houston Center. He has a date of June 24 for OKC. He did his interview back in October of '07. My understanding is that when you get center you go with people going to the same facility. So I guess the 24th is a possibility.

If any of you get that email today could you post it here...so I will know to quit looking if I am not on the list. I tried to get a hold of Robert Anderson again today, but he was on the other line...lol, I bet he is getting swamped. I had not thought about getting in for the last 90 days of the fiscal year...I would really like to have that happen and it seems more and more that June 20th would be a very good day for me to start versus later in July...blah, or even later than that.

Anyways, keep us posted if you can.

JRC,
From what I know the only enroute course in June is the 20th, now there is a July 14th class for enroute. I checked the FAA Academy Intranet website on class schedules and haven't seen any others in June for enroute.

1028JDN, I'm not sure what the deal is. His date is already firm. He was told by Robert about 2 months ago that was his date. He and I are CTI guys so I don't know if that makes a difference. It's possible he got his date wrong, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just letting everyone know I recieved my FOL today by email and a phone call from Robert. I will be there June 20th and staying at Fairways at Moore. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Back