June 20th En-Route academy

aceofspade

So I have been contacted to attend the June 20th en-route academy.
I have been told I will receive my FOL by the end of next week and I should begin making housing arrangements.

Anyone else here scheduled for this class date?

That is the date that I am to go also, but I haven't been contacted yet by anyone. Funny also cause I work for the FAA, you would think I would get some sort of inside scoop! Nope. They work at their own pace.

That is the date that I am to go also, but I haven't been contacted yet by anyone. Funny also cause I work for the FAA, you would think I would get some sort of inside scoop! Nope. They work at their own pace.

Yea, I was given this date over a month ago and since I haven't been contacted I decided to be pro-active and call them. So it might sound pushy but basically I just asked for a status update for my FOL every other day for the last week. I think this will do more good than harm as I already all my clearances and such.

Did you go to the Dallas Pepc? I'm goin to Houston Center also. Could you let me know when you hear something?

Yes I did attend the Ft. Worth PEPC. I have been trying to get ahold of HR to find out the status. Like I said earlier, I work here at Houston Center on the Tech Ops side and you would think I could get some solid answers, but to no avail yet.

I did the Miami Pepc back in march and still nothing either. I'm sure I have the same contact as you so we should probably hear something around the same time. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I got enroute academy date of aug 19th. I assume we have different training than tower's. I'm going to Chicago Center ZAU Aurora btw.

Hello all I will be attending the June 20th class.

I don't know where I will be residing as of yet, but feel free to let me know of any cheap apartments on the van line. (I won't be bringing a vehicle).

Looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

LADYT have you gotten your final offer letter yet for the June 20th class. I take it you attended the the FT.Worth PEPC...

No I don't. I emailed Robert Anderson yesterday and he insisted that he will have a FOL out to me no later than Friday.

My contact is Mr. Anderson also, he has always been really good about getting back in touch with me when I phone or email him. Not sure if you knew, but the first week he was out was for the Chicago pepc. This last week was because he needed to take care of his mother who had a heart attack, I am sure he is working as fast as he can to get everyone their fol.

Is that the email you have been using for him? I have emailed him for about the last 3 weeks and haven't heard any kind of response from him. Just wanting to know if I am using the correct email address.

1028jdn,

I have the exact same email address as you do, so I don't know why he is not responding to your emails, especially seeing that you are already part of the FAA.

Has anyone found a place to stay? I have discovered that all the apartments on the van route to inclue FAA housing are completely
filled until late July early August.

Good luck!

Due to the influx of ATC's it is very hard to get an apartment that is on the van route. When I left Ft. Worth I called to OKC and made my arrangements immediately, and it was difficult then. You aren't just competing against controllers, but Tech Ops, Flight Standards, etc have students all the time there. Tech Ops has a new program out that is a ten week course for new employees and they are running night and day classes due to the amount of people. I have been getting an extremely large amount of emails of people looking for roomates you should take a look at that avenue, you can carpool, and the cost of the room is cut in half thus saving you the money that you can spend elsewhere.

Back