June 20th En-Route academy

AU,
How often did you study in basics and how often do you study for tower cab?

I only studied the night before block tests and the final test during basics as most of it was review.

Tower Cab, I've found myself studing atleast an hour a night, if only to refresh myself over what we studied during the day. I probably didn't need to study as much as I did, but I figure that this stuff we're learning is what I will be using in the future. I can't cut corners and be successful in the field without the knowledge they've been teaching the last two weeks.

I'll be able to tell you if that pays off once we run a couple of problems in the table tops starting tommorrow.

Well, ask and you shall receive........

I emailed Mr. Anderson this morning seeing if I can get an earlier class date than Aug 19th since I am currently unemployed. He called me back about a half hour ago to let me know that I can attend the classes with you guys and that my FOL is in the mail. :nana2:

Looks like I got about 11 days to find housing, buy some clothes, and change my oil for the long car ride out there. :panic:

Thanks to the explanation of how funds are distributed in OKC by AUpilotAU, I knew I'd have to switch back to my later class date. Luckily I got a hold of Mr. Anderson to switch it back before it got too late. Looks like I'll be working concrete for the next few weeks. Thanks AU. It would've been harsh once I got out there.

Anytime. I know how many questions I had before heading out there, so I'm glad to answer some of them for y'all. It'll make things much easier for everyone!

I'm in that June 20th class but haven't gotten anything from fedex or in the mail. I got the email with the firm offer but nothing from fedex. Curious if you guys already got yours.

I'm in that June 20th class but haven't gotten anything from fedex or in the mail. I got the email with the firm offer but nothing from fedex. Curious if you guys already got yours.

You are coming down to about 9 days before. You should probably call up the people at OKC and let them know you are scheduled to head down their way on the 20th and you have not recieved anything yet. They should be able to help you out from there. Otherwise, they may have assumed you have the info and are all set. Goodluck!

Alright all,

If you or someone you know is in search of a roommate I'm still looking. I'll be in OKC June 19th through October. Male/female, married or single it does not matter to me as long as the roommate is clean. Currently I have reservations at a hotel, but would like to save some money. Send me a PM if you're interested.

We are under a week now!

Hey guy I just fot my FOL for 06/20 and I am trying to find some roomates. If anyone has a 3 room with a space available that would be ideal.

My TRACON basics class has only 4 students in it:p
With VRA and CTI joining in RTF, we should be up to 12 or so.

The Basics numbers are crazy, 36 for our Tower class (which is way too many) and the class next to ours was 30... but only after they combined a Tower/Enroute class.

How's Tom doing leading his class of all of 4? :rawk:

How's Tom doing leading his class of all of 4? :rawk:
Tom is doing good. He is a bit quick but he points out what we need to know for the tests. Plus he is a great jokester.
Our lead Rich had Friday off so Tom and Marty took over. It was a riot and a good ending for out first week.

Back