Jumpseat Fun

Do any airlines allow CASS members to jumpseat in the cockpit for international?

In the cockpit....No

If there is a seat in the back then yes. Most airlines you just go the customer service desk and they will list you and you have to pay any applicable taxes for the flight

I've jumpseated on United and Delta internationally and both have been great.

Dave

In the cockpit....No

If there is a seat in the back then yes. Most airlines you just go the customer service desk and they will list you and you have to pay any applicable taxes for the flight

I've jumpseated on United and Delta internationally and both have been great.

Dave

No Taxes when leaving the US , you pay on your way back

easy way to not pay: fly back on cargo (Atlas -Kalitta-Southern ...etc) no taxes with these guys

When dispatchers non-rev or commute, is it possible to occupy an empty flight attendant jumpseat? Or are you only allowed to ride in the pax cabin or flight deck?

When dispatchers non-rev or commute, is it possible to occupy an empty flight attendant jumpseat? Or are you only allowed to ride in the pax cabin or flight deck?
I think it depends on the carrier. If allowed to ride the F/A jumpseat, it has to be your own metal. My experience is that only flight crews are allowed that option; otherwise it's flight deck or empty cabin seat only for dispatchers. I had a DH DAL flight crewmember take the F/A jumpseat once, so that I could occupy the flight deck seat. Couldn't have been more thankful

One time my flight was so oversold and the gate was such a mess! There was 3 of us FDJ jumpseaters . (Mainline flight) None of us worked for that airline we were all regional brats. I was wholly owned at least and the other two weren't. Captain came off plane and said since you're wholly owned you sit in the FA JUMPSEAT and I'll take the other 2 with me. The Captain told me he had no idea if I was allowed to sit in the FA JUMPSEAT but he wasn't going to leave me behind. So after I wandered on the plane trying to figure out which FA seat was for me since there is so many I asked. They gave me an extra one all the way in back by galley. It was a 4 hour flight .

In flight FA comes back to me and says one of the FAs is not feeling too well. If I could help assist and make a few pots of coffee? Then heat some water for the tea? Ummmm .. Sure ?! I looked at the galley and had no clue what to do! What do I do how does this work!? It looked like rocket science .. Do I just put water bottle water to make coffee? After a few minutes she came back again. And I said you know what I'm sorry we don't have these on my plane. I'm a regional girl we serve instant coffee. I don't know what I'm doing . And she let me sit down again . Never again do I want to associate with the FA JUMPSEAT LOL !

One time my flight was so oversold and the gate was such a mess! There was 3 of us FDJ jumpseaters . (Mainline flight) None of us worked for that airline we were all regional brats. I was wholly owned at least and the other two weren't. Captain came off plane and said since you're wholly owned you sit in the FA JUMPSEAT and I'll take the other 2 with me. The Captain told me he had no idea if I was allowed to sit in the FA JUMPSEAT but he wasn't going to leave me behind. So after I wandered on the plane trying to figure out which FA seat was for me since there is so many I asked. They gave me an extra one all the way in back by galley. It was a 4 hour flight .

In flight FA comes back to me and says one of the FAs is not feeling too well. If I could help assist and make a few pots of coffee? Then heat some water for the tea? Ummmm .. Sure ?! I looked at the galley and had no clue what to do! What do I do how does this work!? It looked like rocket science .. Do I just put water bottle water to make coffee? After a few minutes she came back again. And I said you know what I'm sorry we don't have these on my plane. I'm a regional girl we serve instant coffee. I don't know what I'm doing . And she let me sit down again . Never again do I want to associate with the FA JUMPSEAT LOL !

That would be awkward!

Dunno if I've told this story or not, but it was a humbling reminder that this industry is hella small as I was watching my 321 board up. So, the time comes, and I politely remind the gate agent I'd prefer the JS (THAT IS NOT. HOW WE DO. THINGS. *scoffs*)

Well go figure, I get my FDJ REQ and head on down the jetway, knock on the door and go to introduce myself...to a captain I've had to kick off my own metal on a get-to-work leg from weeks prior.

We both remembered.

...I took the next one.

That doesn't seem fair. Jumpseat priority is never personal. That captain needs to get over it.

He wasn't exactly the cheery type on either occasion, but I shrugged it off and went back up to check the boards. I mean, things happen, people have bad days. Whatever. If everywhere you go smells like ass...

I jumpseated back from LAX to ORD in June on UAL B738. Great crew and we had a lot of laughs discussing various topics. Wx in ORD though caused us to hold for an hour before finally diverting to STL. 3 hours later I'm on an A319 heading to ORD. First time in an Airbus and enjoyed the ride. This trip made 4 times trying to get back home to ORD and getting blocked by wx. Gotta love ORD!

Dunno if I've told this story or not, but it was a humbling reminder that this industry is hella small as I was watching my 321 board up. So, the time comes, and I politely remind the gate agent I'd prefer the JS (THAT IS NOT. HOW WE DO. THINGS. *scoffs*)

Well go figure, I get my FDJ REQ and head on down the jetway, knock on the door and go to introduce myself...to a captain I've had to kick off my own metal on a get-to-work leg from weeks prior.

We both remembered.

...I took the next one.

Was it your decision to take the next one or were you asked to take the next one by him?

Was it your decision to take the next one or were you asked to take the next one by him?

All me. He had the full boat up front on the previous leg from DFW and I gave him the peace and quiet / space.

THAT BEING SAID I've been on a Frenchie with both occupied, and it's a fun ride. This time, though, I didn't want to take this guy's space up. FO looked like he was doing the "stare out the window, preflight the departure again, when do I swap out of this aircraft" dance.

Back