Jumpseat Etiquette

I disagree that nothing in this thread is SSI. In my opinion, jumpseating should be a total mystery to the general public.

This thread outlines exactly the documents required and formalities to be followed in order to gain access to a cockpit jumpseat. Thinking that no one could use this info plus an assumed identity and/or forged documents to get into the cockpit of an airliner is pretty naive.

Mike

I disagree that nothing in this thread is SSI. In my opinion, jumpseating should be a total mystery to the general public.

I guess you'd better burn every copy of the FAR/FC in the country, if you're concerned about that. :rolleyes:

I repeat, nothing in this thread is SSI. Every bit of information here can be obtained through your local FBO book shelf.

I guess you'd better burn every copy of the FAR/FC in the country, if you're concerned about that.

Yeah....sounds like a good idea to me. Less crap to fill my brain, and "rules" to get in the way.:bandit:

I guess I'm being too paranoid. I really hope all you captains out there are really scrutinizing the documents of anyone riding in the cockpit and casually asking a friendly question or two that only a real pilot could answer. :(

Agreed that there's no SSI posted here, but as a military member, I understand the virtue of good operational security (OPSEC). That is to say that certain information, while not classified per se, doesn't belong in the public doman. Anyway, this is a thread about proper etiquette, something that's been lacking lately and should be addressed, and it's not a thread about specific procedures.

Agreed. . .

But as also a military member, I can recognize that we mustn't play the OPSEC or SSI card when it really isn't warranted.

I know, mass hysteria and all. . .it's so easy to just scare people and get them to shut up instead of allowing a civil discussion over certain topics.

Agreed. . .

But as also a military member, I can recognize that we mustn't play the OPSEC or SSI card when it really isn't warranted.

I know, mass hysteria and all. . .it's so easy to just scare people and get them to shut up instead of allowing a civil discussion over certain topics.

Fair enough.

Back