Joe Bidden says dont fly on the airlines!

You are correct, that is what your posts amount to.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/05/04/oops-vice-president-buden-travels-to-wilimington/

What the Vice President meant was _______________.

243671%7EPee-Wee-Herman-Posters.jpg

You are correct, that is what your posts amount to.

Except that I generally don't care for Biden, but I guess you can read what you want into it. I also wasn't translating for Biden; I did however happen to agree with him in this instance. Oh never mind... why am I feeding another obvious PeterPilot troll? -2 points for me.

I dont understand why he is saying this. The scientists that are studying this flu are saying that this isen't any worse than the normal flu. All that he is going to accomplish by saying this is start a panic among the nation. Also hurt an already struggeling industry

exactly... although Biden himself supposedly rides a train from his house in NJ to work in DC. At least that was one of the things I head during the campaign. i wonder if he is still riding that swine flu infested public train?

Biden is from DE, not NJ ... one's pretty small, the other is pretty ugly :) ... and yes, he rode the train from DE to DC and back most (~85% give or take) days. I was fortunate to meet him, then Senator Bill Roth, and Congressman (yes, our one and only Congressman) Mike Castle a few years back. When Biden doesn't make it home for one reason or another, he had a sweet looking leather couch in his office he claimed made for a decent bed. Given his family's history too, I would bet chances are much better that he and his family have made use of city buses over time.

He gets a bad rap for putting his foot in his mouth. His problem is he's a public figure, and while he's held to a higher standard, he likes to call it as he sees it like many of us do without worrying so much about walking on eggshells.

I've met him on several occassions and found him to be one of the more down-to-earth politicians I've come across.

At least he's not out shooting his hunting buddies, right?

Now for his politics and some of the arguments he made during the campaign debates, we have some fundamental disagreements politically ...

So, you actually believe that if “you are in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft.”

He's already explained himself in posts #68 & #74 of this thread.

And before you accuse me [again] of being a "leftist" (whatever that means) you'll also see that I was the one who posted factual information about the facts of germ spreading & air quality on airplanes.

Cease the personal attacks. Now.

We've had about a week without many reported posts, I'd like to keep it that way. So keep Dougie happy and chill out bro.

Sometimes, I think that Amber's dealing with a bunch of young children is perfect training for moderating at this place.

Oh yeah, and you guys are all big poopie heads.

Sometimes, I think that Amber's dealing with a bunch of young children is perfect training for moderating at this place.

I only have 2 kids! (Though it certainly does seem like a BUNCH sometimes!)

Between dealing with them for the past 6 years, and 7 years of being a F/A before that, I'm very well equipped for this line of "work" here. :crazy:

Again if Americans are too stupid understand that Biden's comments reflect his personal choice and not some CDC directive, then we have bigger problems than the swine flu.
You are correct, America has a much bigger problem than the swine flu. However, making excuses for Joe when he makes one of his frequent ludicrous or fictitious statements does nothing to address the problem nor does pretending there is something wrong with the perspicacious listener who hears what Joe said, not what some apologist wishes he had said.

Back