Joe Bidden says dont fly on the airlines!

It also seems that those who take 10 mins to wipe down everything they might touch in the cockpit with those alcohol wipes get sick the most. If you go ahead and get sick with all those germs, you're set for life. The only thing I wipe down is whichever headset I use. I'm too poor to buy my own headset so I still use the company provided ones.

I wipe things down starting with the important stuff (yoke, flight guidance, FMS) and continue on other things until the sani-com is unusable. :)

However, I do it more because I hate the feel of sticky stuff. Greasy fingers touching the yoke or any of the buttons and switches and then I touch it and my finger is all greasy just like theirs was. That's my main motivation for wiping stuff down.

I like my immune system. And as George Carlin said in one of his HBO specials, it needs stuff to practice on!

So after I wipe down the cockpit so as to not have sticky fingers, I eat the sani-com.

Is Biden trying to make more speaking screwups than Bush? What a freaking idiot...

I know, O needs to create an "" sign or give him a pager.

But, you know, I've said way crazier stuff but I've usually got some alky hawl in me.

Like tonight! I'm sure I'm going to say something on the forum that is going to offend someone.

I like my immune system. And as George Carlin said in one of his HBO specials, it needs stuff to practice on!

So after I wipe down the cockpit so as to not have sticky fingers, I eat the sani-com.

:D

About as ironic as the email I got from ASA about swine flu saying that one of the best things you can do if you're sick is to stay home....and get an occurrence.

We got the same memo. My question is, if you contract the swine flu from work and have to call in sick, shouldn't it TECHNICALLY be an OJI report? I'll let the labor lawyers go into that one. :)

We saw a ton of people using Germ-X over the weekend. They had blank looks on their faces when I told them anti-BACTERIAL soap probably wouldn't help too much against a VIRUS.

you are in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft

I agree that it doesn't go everywhere, but it certainly does impact a large area. This is just a reality of putting many people together in any situation, transportation being only one example, and when there is a nasty flu spreading about I avoid such situations as much as possible. It really comes down to an individuals comfort with the risk, but arguing that your risk does not go up with travel and exposure to many people is like arguing up is down.

Having personally been laid out for over three weeks from a bad flu once, and having a one year old at home, I choose to avoid travel right now. It sounds like Biden feels the same way. Again if Americans are too stupid understand that Biden's comments reflect his personal choice and not some CDC directive, then we have bigger problems than the swine flu.

I agree that it doesn't go everywhere, but it certainly does impact a large area. This is just a reality of putting many people together in any situation, transportation being only one example, and when there is a nasty flu spreading about I avoid such situations as much as possible. It really comes down to an individuals comfort with the risk, but arguing that your risk does not go up with travel and exposure to many people is like arguing up is down.

Having personally been laid out for over three weeks from a bad flu once, and having a one year old at home, I choose to avoid travel right now. It sounds like Biden feels the same way. Again if Americans are too stupid understand that Biden's comments reflect his personal choice and not some CDC directive, then we have bigger problems than the swine flu.

Sure, risk goes up. Don't eat at Waffle House during a flu outbreak, either. You seen how small those places are? Point is, ANY confined space during any kind of epidemic is gonna increase risk. The only way to avoid is it to either call in sick and never leave your house until the CDC says "all clear" or wear a respirator wherever you go. Heck, grocery store aisles are slimmer than most airliners and can be pretty packed on a weekend.

We got the same memo. My question is, if you contract the swine flu from work and have to call in sick, shouldn't it TECHNICALLY be an OJI report? I'll let the labor lawyers go into that one. :)

We saw a ton of people using Germ-X over the weekend. They had blank looks on their faces when I told them anti-BACTERIAL soap probably wouldn't help too much against a VIRUS.

I'm getting a good laugh on a report that 20 people worldwide have died from this. I bet more have died from herpes complications.

Again if Americans are too stupid understand that Biden's comments reflect his personal choice and not some CDC directive, then we have bigger problems than the swine flu.

You're correct, and 69 million voters just validated your statement.

More people have probably died walking out of a midget strip club, wearing Tevas and having a myocardial infarction on the walk to their Toyota in the last week than have died from the pig flu.

More people have probably died walking out of a midget strip club, wearing Tevas and having a myocardial infarction on the walk to their Toyota in the last week than have died from the pig flu.

I don't really have concerns about mortality rates or a lack there of. It is more a matter of not getting a nasty flu that could knock you out for a couple of weeks, possibly endanger the health of an infant, and also potentially increase the rate of spread. As I said before, I don't travel when there is a bad flu season any given year, but I also come from the school of thought that excess elective travel is pretty wasteful so its an easy choice for me to make.

For the reading comprehension challenged board members: I'm not telling others not to travel; I am just stating my position on the subject.

I, personally, refuse to fly on airliners anymore than I have to. I've restricted myself to only flying to and from work. :laff:

That's what it really comes down to.

Biden may have been telling the truth as he believes it, but he is wrong. I thought the media did a nice job of finding experts to point that out yesterday (even NPR, nice work).

:yeahthat:

Sorry, buy I have to tee Bidden up. What in the world was he thinking?

:yeahthat:

Sorry, buy I have to tee Bidden up. What in the world was he thinking?

motivational-irony.jpg

About as ironic as the email I got from ASA about swine flu saying that one of the best things you can do if you're sick is to stay home....and get an occurrence.

He he he
I read an email from our company. The director of safety... Told us everything we needed to know about not getting the schwein griep. except of course, stay home if you are sick. lmao!

Back