Jetcareers.com Las Vegas Boondoggle November 14-16, 2003

ok - we have our hotel booked...

If doug's able to get that weekend off, we'll be staying at the Hawthorn Suites (off the strip) right next to San Remo behind the strip...It's a smidge of a walk, but worth the extra savings and free brkfst!

we were able to get a rate of 98.10 (minus taxes/svc chgs) per night using our AAA card... if you have them - use them!

the nice thing about hawthorne (we've stayed there before) is that it's a suite with a sofabed, so you can crowd people in, if your lucky...AND... they serve FREE hot breakfast buffet in the mornings!

so that's where we'll be!! best rate I could find in the 4 corners area there....

wonder why everything is so darned expensive for that weekend??! anyone know what's going down that weekend?

[ QUOTE ]
wonder why everything is so darned expensive for that weekend??! anyone know what's going down that weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a time a lot of people go. Football season, Cool/Cold Weather, Nice Atmosphere.

This is alotta if and might may etc (ya get the point) is anyone willing to share cost of a room? I looked on orbitz andi can get a room and airfare roundtrip for $344. If i stayed at NY NY with others it would be $496. I looked at airfare and hotel separate. the package deals are cheaper. If you would be interested please PM me. Oh and does anyone know anything about Fitzpatrick's???? (they had the lowest prices)

Fitzpatricks is in old vegas which is prety far from the strip and is not the nicest place to stay...

I am planning on going, especially since I will now be flying for free courtesy of United! Of course, that means I have three more hours to kill here at LAX.

I would be up for sharing a room with anyone. Just let me know where and heck, I'll see if I can book it. I saw some rooms for about $125 and spending half of that sure sounds a lot better!

Okay, folks, now that I have better internet access, I took a look at the Venetian, which is an all suite hotel. It's way too expensive to do it by myself. It will run about $600 for two nights.

But since it's an all suite hotel, I know we can get four people in there. If anyone is interested in staying there, PM me so that I can book the rooms!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

All I axe is that ya'll take pictures and post them (with the subjects permission that is) after the shindig.

Would love to go - can't. Gotta use that $$ to finish up my Comm and CFI ratings.

Sounds like a BLAST though!

R2F

<<Fitzpatricks>>

Do you mean Fitzgerlads?? I've never heard of Firzpatricks.. Fitzgeralds is in downtown Las Vegas and a good 5-10 minute drive to the top of the strip (NY/NY and Trop). It's one of the older hotels and not nearly as nice as the strip hotels.

Hey, I am going to try and make it!

Does anyone in the SLC area want to go in on a 182 rental?

lksajfosdfo;;ljkfsa;lkjsadf!!@#!% Damn you money! If I had more I would split it but as things stand now the only way I'll make it down is by non-reving and sleeping in the gutter, which I guess could very well happen whether I have a hotel room or not.

I can be there. Who's going for sure? Let's see a list of that. Last time in phx it was just going to be me and Pilot602! Come on jetcareers users! Be real pilots and go to Vegas and drink heavily just like the public expects us to do!
laugh.gif
Ha, let's give TSA something to look for!

Damn, a day late and a dollar short!
mad.gif
Try as I could, I could not get my vacation and my girlfriends vacation to fall on the JC Vegas Days week! Best we could do was the week of Thanksgiving, so I made reservations today for the 26-30th anyway. We bought a new resort last New Years when we were there, it's the Tahiti down on Tropicana, NYNY side and down about three miles. Not on the strip but has shuttle sevice and the works. This will be our first time actually staying there as last year we stayed at the new World Mark down on the strip.

Maybe things will change and the date too, and it will fall in my favor. Time will tell. Ready for some drinkin', for sure!
wink.gif
Will keep my eyes posted on this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
I could not get my vacation and my girlfriends vacation to fall on the JC Vegas Days week!

[/ QUOTE ]

well if you want to just send her.. We will make her feel welcome!!

I promise

I won't know until the middle of next month when the November bids come out. I'm probably going to post two guaranteed days off around that time... not like I got anything else to use them for before the years end!
smile.gif

Probably will end up in the Holiday Inn Express...
wink.gif

I say we start a formal count or list of people that will be attending.

I'm coming and bringing 3 students.

Good Idea mrivc211. Count me in for now...I've booked my hotel and have a plan so I consider myself going...for now atleast.

[ QUOTE ]
I say we start a formal count or list of people that will be attending.

I'm coming and bringing 3 students.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was goint to wait until 1 october, but will run through and tonchg base with everyone in the next 2-3 days, and get some more firm numbers.

I will also be creating an attendance list with contact information to be shared with those headed to sin city only.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could not get my vacation and my girlfriends vacation to fall on the JC Vegas Days week!

[/ QUOTE ]

well if you want to just send her.. We will make her feel welcome!!

I promise

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
LOL, I got a big kick out of that, funny! Hey, it's cool with me but she's not quite likely to oblige, 'course, you never know...

Peace

I will probably go if I have the time off. I should know my November schedule next week.

Back