Jetcareers.com Las Vegas Boondoggle November 14-16, 2003

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I can go. Boss isn't being too sparing with my days off lately, because now that I am currently the only full time CFI he has, I have been flying my ass off. I will run it past him, but I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say (something along the lines of: "Are you *#$@'n nuts?!" probably). Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy - it's a marketing effort for your FBO!! how bout that? and your not even asking for pay to grab more students! hahaha

We won't know till mid october whether or not doug will get off - I'd sure like to go cuz i just love the Vegas attitude...if doug's off - dunno if we'll be flying or driving, but if we drive, we might be able to take a few phx folks... just gotta check with the jetcareers master first!!

I just spent my afternoon on the top of the Stratoshpere tower looking over Las Vegas. Only in the high 80s today.. Absolutely beautiful up there!!

And the food in that restaurant is very good, too. Combine the atmosphere with the food and you've got a place that is well worth the money.

I would recommend staying in Bally's because very reasonable, nice, clean, and its right on the strip close to everything. If money is your main concern I would say imperial palace. i've never stayed there, but i know its cheap and right smack in the middle of the strip.

-Brian

yeah, but don't eat at their buffet.. unless you want a little of the yellow or purple stuff...

we paid a good $25 per person to get in there and it was just horrid!!

I'm defininetly heading out there friday afternoon, then going to the Nellis airshow on saturday, and heading home that night. I will be flying the good old 172 into North Las Vegas. Don't know about hotel yet, got to work that out soon...

So is this it, just me an Dantheman??? Anyone else even considering it??
crazy.gif

No word on the buddy passes yet ESF, any 121 types want to anonomously donate a pair of buddy passes to a couple poor CFI types, PM if interested....

I'm pretty sure (from previous conversation) there's quite a few of us considering going... it's just that we can't Plan on going yet until we get the november schedules...

Since there's been so much talk of people wanting to make it, we'll probably have a good turnout...

keep in mind that most major airline schedules are on a month to month basis and sometimes you don't know until a week or two before the next month starts - what your schedule will be like....that's just how it works and spontaneity is the key to life!

So i'm thinking that since we have the "yea - lets do it" attitude and the date set (Nov 14-16), reserve the rooms you need if your going to try to make it (because you can cancel up to 48 hrs in advance) and see how the october schedule plays out....that's what we (Doug and I) plan on doing! We'll probably reserve a room in either the Luxor or MGM... but we haven't yet stayed in NYNY either, so just somewhere in the 4 corners there is where we'll be at...

if anything you'll have your rooms booked and if you can make it, kewl.. if not, you have time to cancel out of your room...

as time gets closer - lets work on offering suggestions on how to meet, when to meet and what to do to make this first JC crew gathering a success..

sound good?
cool.gif

Does sound like a good plan...MGM is nice but NYNY has an awsome looking rollercoaster (not that it matters to most of you). I'm probally booking at MGM and just gunna see how it turns out...My problem is Radio Station...I layed-off half of the people working there (A change was needed indefinately) and I layed off all the people that I should have kept. I'll have a bunch of clueless idiot teenagers running the station for three days
smile.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Kristie,
Thanks for the update...
My friend is collecting a stash of cocktail coupons and buffet tickets as we speak. ( he is a Pit boss at one of the Hotels)

smile.gif

Made our reservations today,. turns out thay the new york new york website has better proces directly than the big web sites do.

139 per room ( plus tax etc, may be the same as all the rest)

[ QUOTE ]
My friend is collecting a stash of cocktail coupons and buffet tickets as we speak. ( he is a Pit boss at one of the Hotels)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't suppose he can get discounted rooms (being an employee) can he?

Made our reservations this morning, too -- also at NY NY. Although I didn't quite have Eagle's magic touch with reservations. Cost us $149 per night on their web site. Oh, well (sigh).

All of this is subject to cancellation, but we're optimistic that we'll be joining you all.

smile.gif

Well, I'm set. I went and booked at NYNY for 149 a night. I called and they gave me the whole the scoop on cancelations. 50/50 for me but I thought I might as well book...Like said earlier "Teens and College Students in Radio Station can only mean one thing. TERROR" and I feel even more sceptical after exchanging some PM conversations with Eagle about "His experiances" at the radio.

Kristie,
he may be able to get discounted rooms, I also have a friend who works at Caesars Palace Front Desk, so he usually is able to upgrade my room to a suite...I will inquire...

[ QUOTE ]
My problem is Radio Station...I layed-off half of the people working there (A change was needed indefinately) and I layed off all the people that I should have kept. I'll have a bunch of clueless idiot teenagers running the station for three days
smile.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound like a great candidate for a job in airline management.
smile.gif

Back