jetblue voluntary incentive lines offered

AA is now offering blank lines for the month of January in most bids.

I don't track the industry that closely but remember seeing these headlines in various publications. , maybe related, maybe not but I maybe there is a connection here:

American is the largest operator of the A320 series airplane.

JetBlue is experiencing delays with deliveries of A220s and A320s.

Spirit is the largest operator of the P&W GTF engine and will suffer a big blow while downing aircraft for engine inspections.

I don't track the industry that closely but remember seeing these headlines in various publications. , maybe related, maybe not but I maybe there is a connection here:

Spirit is the largest operator of the P&W GTF engine and will suffer a big blow while downing aircraft for engine inspections.
I think it’s just a combination of the slowest month of the year, and finally being caught up on staffing. AA is still hiring close to 2k pilots in 2024.

This has 0 to do with that, AA doesn’t operate that type of engine. This is a new contractual tool the company has the ability to use, it’s voluntary to take. January is a slower season for widebody flying and always has been. The vast majority of these positions offered were for 777/787.

This has 0 to do with that, AA doesn’t operate that type of engine. This is a new contractual tool the company has the ability to use, it’s voluntary to take. January is a slower season for widebody flying and always has been. The vast majority of these positions offered were for 777/787.

That’s why I said maybe, and admitted I’m not following it closely but noticed that all three have Airbus fleets and subject to Airbus problems.

That’s why I said maybe, and admitted I’m not following it closely but noticed that all three have Airbus fleets and subject to Airbus problems.
Spirit and JetBlue are affected by the engine problems. I think JetBlue has a couple down for the Pratt issues and Spirit is around 45 aircraft.

Its taking Pratt 300 days to turn an engine around.

jetblue now offering partial paid leaves to a handful of pilot in January.

Was a much smaller amount than what I was anticipating. I think (for instance) JFK A320 which is our largest base had about 8 no-fly lines on the CA side (which is relatively overstaffed) and 0 for the FO side (which seems to be churning pilots out the bottom and consistently under-staffed).

Roughly 500 pilots bidding in each seat FWIW.....and a total of 8 lines. Maybe we'll see more in upcoming months.

who knows.. The Jan awards were disappointing to say the least. We'll see what if any flexibility the 48 hour windows provide.

Back