Jet fighters chase small plane in Washington area before it crashes in Virginia (Citation OA9-ISP)

I just have so many non-plane related questions.

Like, as a person of color, the visuals just made my brain itch and pretty cringe.

Maybe I’m hypersensitive because of the effery of the past couple years, but I have a feeling this is going to end up some “made for tv” cringe drama.

View attachment 72172
As someone closely associated with African culture (I literally can hold an East African passport, just haven't gotten all the paperwork filled out) I didn't think much of this photo.

Nanny looks like one of many women in my life who immigrated from Africa and probably was an outstanding nanny. Live-in nannies definitely become part of the family and probably had a close bond with the child.

I can see how a person could take this photo differently, but I honestly think it's pretty innocent on every level.

As someone closely associated with African culture (I literally can hold an East African passport, just haven't gotten all the paperwork filled out) I didn't think much of this photo.

Nanny looks like one of many women in my life who immigrated from Africa and probably was an outstanding nanny. Live-in nannies definitely become part of the family and probably had a close bond with the child.

I can see how a person could take this photo differently, but I honestly think it's pretty innocent on every level.

I did not catch the African angle at all, thanks! ;)

Bruh, I cracked a joke at my father’s funeral. If you stay sad and sullen for too long, it isn’t healthy.
On the other hand, If I had cracked a joke at your father’s funeral, it would not have been “healthy” for me! :confused:

On the other hand, If I had cracked a joke at your father’s funeral, it would not have been “healthy” for me! :confused:
I'm guessing you wouldn't have done so, though. Context and circumstance is everything, well - a bunch of it, anyway - in terms of communication. I know you "get" that by what you said here.

There are lines not to be crossed based upon time/place/circumstance/relationship by many, while others can walk across them with impunity based on all those things, and more.

We (not you specifically), as a people, may have (probably) lost that understanding. That we CAN say something doesn't mean we should or automatically grant a license to so do. For example, a son could likely say something ("crack a joke") at a father's funeral which would be absolutely inappropriate for someone else to do.

Most of you know this, I'm sure, but communication isn't only about speaking; receiving/understanding has always been a key part of it.

Anyway, so saith my Martini and a lot of years, with training, in public speaking (and I still do it "wrong" sometimes).

Probably done for the night as the fog of booze looms ever larger. Sweet dreams to one and all, wherever in the wide, wide world you might be.

Live-in nannies definitely become part of the family and probably had a close bond with the child

We have a live in nanny (proper term is au pair) from Argentina and she is amazing. She has definitely become part of the family and my daughter adores her. Will be very sad for her to leave in July.

Great movie, for what it is!

It was kinda fun.

I was scratching my head about the out-of-focus placement/referencing of the characters from the original cartoon series, and yet they were in the credits. I feel like there was some really wasted opportunities to make the movie even more fun there.

Side note: one of our mechanics runs a game at the base. We’ve got 3 pilots, 2 nurses, and a mech from another company playing.

I was once TAD/TDY to a USAF base in Jordan. We played this game too. The gals shI**er was within view of our little fighter pilot lawn chair alley. The cool ones would walk out and show us a #1 or #2 via hand signal cause they knew what was up. And then we would either win or lose the bet. Pro tip......the hot girls are always in there for a #2. Especially Air Force ones. They have hot steamy poos on the reg. Double especially if they wear the non tactical 2 piece flight suit and drive Hercules. Other side note, this base ran out of sunscreen, but had infinite condoms, and while I was there, the wing commander called an all hands meeting where he begged the guys to not bring the junior (female) airmen into their rooms for sleepovers.

Other side note, this base ran out of sunscreen, but had infinite condoms, and while I was there, the wing commander called an all hands meeting where he begged the guys to not bring the junior (female) airmen into their rooms for sleepovers.

Could just as easily have simply Article 134d your worthless JO asses……:)

Could just as easily have simply Article 134d your worthless JO asses……:)

haha yeah that was the weird part. He didn't even dangle the carrot of punishment.....just pleaded with people, as if it were a situation that could no longer be corrected. He, and they, were all Viper Fighting Falcon dudes, so you probably understand why this kind of weird would exist. I'll say that the "tower chief", a tech sgt or something, we called the "angel of [insert forward base]". Man she was hot. In hindsight, I'm quite sure she is probably noodling for catfish somewhere right now, probably with a vape stick as well. Much like high school girls, or Tara Reid (translation: my generation's Fast Times at Ridgemont), their "where are they now" doesn't normally end well

I was once TAD/TDY to a USAF base in Jordan. We played this game too. The gals shI**er was within view of our little fighter pilot lawn chair alley. The cool ones would walk out and show us a #1 or #2 via hand signal cause they knew what was up. And then we would either win or lose the bet. Pro tip......the hot girls are always in there for a #2. Especially Air Force ones. They have hot steamy poos on the reg. Double especially if they wear the non tactical 2 piece flight suit and drive Hercules. Other side note, this base ran out of sunscreen, but had infinite condoms, and while I was there, the wing commander called an all hands meeting where he begged the guys to not bring the junior (female) airmen into their rooms for sleepovers.
Wtf you talking about, I was talking about an ongoing DND game, this is like some knot level weirdness

Strange June. 10+ legs. A diversion. What looks like a test flight.
Aha! They'd just spent a bunch of time down in the swamp. Probable cause: The Florida Brain Virus got 'em. There's no vaccine for that virus. Doesn't make any difference though. Even if there was one, once infected, the virus renders you immune to the cure.

Back