JC P90X Club

Awesome-My favorite part of Insanity is seeing how some of the people look just as tired as me!

So I started it again. I'm going to ease into this a little slower than last time. I think my biggest problem was that I pushed myself way too hard way too early which caused some issues. Either way it should be a fun time.

So I started it again. I'm going to ease into this a little slower than last time. I think my biggest problem was that I pushed myself way too hard way too early which caused some issues. Either way it should be a fun time.

Good for you! I am going to try to start in the next couple of days-will keep you updated

Just started insanity today. Here are the deets:

Kicks 110
Squats 39
Knee kicks 72
Power jumps 32
Jumps 7
Suscide 12
Push-ups jacks 19
Plank legs 25

I would say I'm pretty fit. I did a ton of P90X in 2011. If I have any issues it would have been from a back surgery from 1996. I also messed up my left knee on who knows how many occasions (martial arts from 2000-2003, running in college, etc.).

I would say I'm not as fit as you, but more so than KillBilly (155 lbs, 6'3", smoke a pack a day, drink a pot of coffee a day, drink a case of beer a day, etc.). Would you recommend I do a cycle of P90X and follow that with Insanity?

I would say I'm not as fit as you, but more so than KillBilly (155 lbs, 6'3", smoke a pack a day, drink a pot of coffee a day, drink a case of beer a day, etc.). Would you recommend I do a cycle of P90X and follow that with Insanity?

Hmm I don't know as I haven't been one to dish out workout advice. I will say that Insanity is way harder to get used to than P90X. Insanity is a lot more cardio based than P90X and is a bit more rapid fire. From when I tried it I had to stop due to some injuries (ankle and later a pulled muscle). So my luck with Insanity has not been good. Although I would love to know the results if you plan on trying this.

I'll also admit that I have slacked off when it comes to exercise. I started running on and off again in June. And I tried to do P90X again in early September. Unfortunately I had to stop as the gym at my apartment is being remodeled. I plan on re-starting P90X again once the gym reopens.

Hmm I don't know as I haven't been one to dish out workout advice. I will say that Insanity is way harder to get used to than P90X. Insanity is a lot more cardio based than P90X and is a bit more rapid fire. From when I tried it I had to stop due to some injuries (ankle and later a pulled muscle). So my luck with Insanity has not been good. Although I would love to know the results if you plan on trying this.

I'll also admit that I have slacked off when it comes to exercise. I started running on and off again in June. And I tried to do P90X again in early September. Unfortunately I had to stop as the gym at my apartment is being remodeled. I plan on re-starting P90X again once the gym reopens.

I plan to start P90X once my pullup bar arrives. I ordered it 10/13, but the estimated shipping date is 10/18. If it gets to Alaska before 10/22, I will start then. If not, I will start 10/29. I only plan to stick with it until mid-December (when I go on Christmas break). Then I will post the pics of day 1 vs day ~58 (for the ladies). After the break, I plan to start Insanity.

The problem is, I will do this from my second floor apartment. I don't want to bother the neighbors below me, as they are Mormon Missionaries.

Workout programs are for little girls. If you want to get strong you fight lightning and sex rainbows like they did in the Bible.

OK... I just ordered P90X, bands, pull up bar and push up bars.
With my schedule of 8 on (in a hotel)/6 OFF (at home). There's no reason not to do it. I'm starting at 6'3" (for proportion), 230lbs. I'm looking to lose 5-10 lbs.

Back