Japan Airlines flight on fire

Screenshot_20240102_080224_Chrome.jpg

So much for obedience.

What an odd thing to say

No it isn’t. 1000% fact. And I see a lack of baggage dragged out.

The Clooney movie “Up in the Air” stereotypes this a bit, when he says he gets in a security line behind Asian business men. Asians are efficient travelers.

My experience flying on JAL, Asians know how to fly efficiently. They board quickly, quickly get in their seats, ready to go. And same for deplaning. Unchaotic, efficient, and courteous.

We Americans are a-holes in comparison when it comes to airline travel.

I’d absolutely agree if this was a US airliner, you’d have some deaths when more than half the pax decide to stall the evacuation by opening overhead bins to get their bags.

No it isn’t. 1000% fact. And I see a lack of baggage dragged out.

The Clooney movie “Up in the Air” stereotypes this a bit, when he says he gets in a security line behind Asian business men. Asians are efficient travelers.

My experience flying on JAL, Asians know how to fly efficiently. They board quickly, quickly get in their seats, ready to go. And same for deplaning. Unchaotic, efficient, and courteous.

We Americans are a-holes in comparison when it comes to airline travel.

I’d absolutely agree if this was a US airliner, you’d have some deaths when more than half the pax decide to stall the evacuation by opening overhead bins to get their bags.

There isn’t any version of Spirit Airlines, in Japan.

Don’t you work for Southwest? If SHTF and no one has said anything in a fairly quick manner, people are gonna self evac. I’ve seen recurrent scenarios where in the sim they simulate this when overwing exit lights start coming on. A cue to stop what you are doing and run the Evac checklist, because it’s happening.

Not sure why you're mad at me, this is exactly what I'm saying. Get ahead of the evac or it'll get ahead of you.

If they were as obedient as everyone is claiming they'd all be dead.

Of course, I get why announcements are made to remain seated, in order to try and maintain a sense of order, especially if an evac is necessary. And who knows…maybe one or more of the FAs initiated evac without any announcement made, or with a verbal non-PA announcement, or possibly one couldn’t be made? Am sure the pilots up front had their hands full with many more things besides being able to make a PA at that moment. All of these are unknown at this time.

What's weird about this one is last night when it happened it took hours before they said anything about the other airplane.

Flying domestic in Japan is a trip. They begin boarding a full 737 or 320 15 minutes prior and push a few minutes early.
Do they still board the back of the plane first over there? I seem to remember doing that in the US back when I was a kid

There actually are several ULCCs in Japan. It's just that the people that fly on them are better behaved than over here.

I've taken Peach and Spring flights. Pretty on par with Spirit as far as level of service, but way, way different passengers.

The pax drama airlines what I was referring to, something they don‘t seem to have.

Back