Their future was sealed years ago. When 9K started winning EAS contracts it was all over. The big question is what the scheduled 135 business model looks like given the current pilot market.

Too much competition with Sandpiper Air and Aeromass.
latest

Best of luck to everyone though, that stinks.

Story link - Cape Cod Times
Employees were absolutely blindsided. No warnings about this one whatsoever.

Figured a source would actually help. Tired and sleepy me posted a Flickr link from the one time I was out on Nantucket for a New York minute...

I was one of the ones flying for them. Showed up friday morning for work all of a sudden they say go home we're closing up.. Very sad especially for the experienced fellows that were there. Great bunch of guys!

I was one of the ones flying for them. Showed up friday morning for work all of a sudden they say go home we're closing up.. Very sad especially for the experienced fellows that were there. Great bunch of guys!

Bummer to hear about that. Hopefully everyone gets a last paycheck and gets back in the air soon!

Too much competition with Sandpiper Air and Aeromass.

Man, I miss that show! Lots of great characters on there.

Man, that's a crappy day.

Look at it as a chance to move on to bigger and better things. I hope the next step is a better one for you.

@epilotdream91 Why did you not apply at Cape Air? They told us that they would love to help all the pilots. It was so unfortunate to hear your operation shutting down by the time lunch was over.

Man, I miss that show! Lots of great characters on there.
After I had my baby girl, for the first several weeks my wife and I were sleeping in shifts so we could get at least some sleep (because people always say you don't get any sleep with a baby...what they don't tell you is you REALLY DON'T get any sleep with a baby). Anyway, I would be awake with the kid overnight until about 5 or 6 in the morning doing feedings, changing diapers, and doing skin to skin time while she slept on my chest.

Wow ramble much? The point is I watched SO much Wings between the hours of 12 and 5. It was constantly on. Great show...help me through some really long nights.

Had a bro who went through this.

Showed up at work...no signs, agent, airplanes, nuffin,...everything not physically bolted to the airport structure was gone. Cycled through most of the company phone numbers...all disconnected.

Finally calls the owners home: "Yea we shut down last night. Guess someone should have called you".

My guess is this kind of story goes back to 1903.

Richman

Back