Is the jumpseat truly yours as a (regional) captain?

Tell me about it lol
He’s referring to when I was “let go” at my last job. Me and another pilot from the same ethnic background were let go from a small south Florida based airline. My guess is one of his buddies on here read these messages and PMd him details.
Afraid no one messaged me, and I don't have a memory for everyones history. Your comments fit you in a certain bucket. You do what you like and it's because everyone else has a problem it doesn't work for ya.

For what it's worth the guy I was talking about was a real person, with a wife and 2 kids, but he was a bit of a poop stirrer and managers figured out after about a year. For you I literally put your advise together with the attack on me and said, "assume he's projecting and who does this remind you of?" I honestly just use the same formula over and over again with varied success. Didn't realize the shot was gonna be between the eyes.

Tell me about it lol
He’s referring to when I was “let go” at my last job. Me and another pilot from the same ethnic background were let go from a small south Florida based airline. My guess is one of his buddies on here read these messages and PMd him details.
I hate to tell you this, but you are the one who made it weird. Also, dude, come on... you can’t call someone out when you started the passive aggressive personal attacks.

I hate to tell you this, but you are the one who made it weird. Also, dude, come on... you can’t call someone out when you started the passive aggressive personal attacks.
In retrospect, they did turn out to be projecting, so he was making fun of himself and i do that all the time.

While i think fun is being had i should also say I don't agree that a termination defines a person, weird management do weird things.

I can see so much wrong with that stance. OAL vs own metal, if both own metal, than seniority between the two. Sure, in the end it’s the captain’s decision, until the Pro Stans committee comes calling.
This would have been fun to try with a mainline versus Connection haterade thing too, just to see what would have happened.

You know ... for science.

This would have been fun to try with a mainline versus Connection haterade thing too, just to see what would have happened.

You know ... for science.
It was fun listening to 3 nonrev mainline and 1 oal trash talk my shop and everyone that worked here for 30 minutes in the terminal, then proceeded to board our flight and continue the b!tchfest. When I'm sitting behind them on a DH. The oal guy noticed my lanyard at TOD and looked a little sheepish.
Mental notes were made.

It was fun listening to 3 nonrev mainline and 1 oal trash talk my shop and everyone that worked here for 30 minutes in the terminal, then proceeded to board our flight and continue the b!tchfest. When I'm sitting behind them on a DH. The oal guy noticed my lanyard at TOD and looked a little sheepish.
Mental notes were made.

And they are at mainline while you aren't. It sucks. I've been in your shoes, except it was a different regional with a different mainline. The drawbacks of this industry. If your luck, timing, aviation Gods, stars all line up, you get lucky and join the mainline rank. But being in that role doesn't mean people change themselves. D-bags still end up being d-bags. Oh and your mainline 777s left seats out of EWR, probably a scab.

On a sidenote, I hear there is some jumpseat issue with UAL mainline and express carriers. Something about boarding priority not being recognized by the computer system and it's going outside of what the FOM/operating book says for the carriers involved. That's just going to add more salt.

On a sidenote, I hear there is some jumpseat issue with UAL mainline and express carriers. Something about boarding priority not being recognized by the computer system and it's going outside of what the FOM/operating book says for the carriers involved. That's just going to add more salt.

This will be interesting to see how that develops. It sure has some potential of a going straight down the poo hole

Back