Invited to interview at Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

So I clicked the box on AirlineApps for Mesa, and they called to invite me to an interview. So on July 9th I'm off to PHX.

Figure it can't hurt.

Go for it and congrats,

We all know about them and blah, blah, but getting a job in today's crazy market is very difficult. Good luck on the interview, at least you'll get some experience interviewing.

PM sent. I fly the Dash-8 out of DEN with Mesa. Aside from always wondering if you're going to have a job next bid its not so bad. Oh, and the pay. Aside from those two things. Oh, and crew tracking.. Aside from those three things.
:)

PM sent. I fly the Dash-8 out of DEN with Mesa. Aside from always wondering if you're going to have a job next bid its not so bad. Oh, and the pay. Aside from those two things. Oh, and crew tracking.. Aside from those three things.
:)

For whatever reason I think this post is hilarious :p

Either way, they're right, today, take what you can get and if nothing else, it's a little bit of free multi time (the turbine ain't so bad either :D)

You know, 6 months ago I would have said your crazy. However the other day I was on a flight home from LGA, I had just finished up an interview with Colgan and I came to the realization that if Colgan didnt work out, I had no other option.

We pulled into the gate at IAD and sitting next to us was a Mesa CRJ, who has a base in IAD, my home town. I thought about it for a split second, then came to my senses.

I just cant get over the fact that Mesa only pays for "historical block." Thats pretty crappy if your working a flight that "historically" takes 45 minutes, but a ground delay has you sitting on the taxiway at LGA for 3 hours, your not getting paid for it. Block or better, and maybe I would think a fraction of a second more.

-Rob

Oh i forgot to add, that even if it is not your first choice in airlines, the way the market is right now from the outside looking in, I would take what ever you can get. Plus this will be great interveiw experience for your next one!

Oh i forgot to add, that even if it is not your first choice in airlines, the way the market is right now from the outside looking in, I would take what ever you can get. Plus this will be great interveiw experience for your next one!

I don't want to derail the thread, but this sentiment is killing us as professionals in this industry.

Anyways, good luck in what you do Patrick!

I'm in the hiring pool at Mesa, and I am still exploring other opportunities. PM if you want some details on what to expect at the interview.

I completely agree with most of what has been said in this thread, though, right or wrong, given the current hiring environment, I feel I owe it to myself to at least show up and see what they offer.

For those who asked, I'm at 600TT/400 Multi.

Certainly go to the interview. If nothing else its some interviewing experience under your belt. Whether or not its a good idea to go there, that's something only you can decide.

Please do your career and the the careers of others and don't go to Mesa. If you wan't to do the interview for practice ok, but showing someone you can fog a mirror can only teach you so much.

I don't want to derail the thread, but this sentiment is killing us as professionals in this industry.

Anyways, good luck in what you do Patrick!

That is exactly what I was thinking. It isn't a knock on accepting a job, hell I'd work at Mesa, but if you always spout change in the profession but have the "I'll take anything mentality" then I'd suggest taking a close look towards reorganizing your priorites.

Note - I wasn't directing this at you at all PatrickCPS.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It isn't a knock on accepting a job, hell I'd work at Mesa, but if you always spout change in the profession but have the "I'll take anything mentality" then I'd suggest taking a close look towards reorganizing your priorites.

Note - I wasn't directing this at you at all PatrickCPS.

I know and so does everyone else knows who you were directing this to. That is fine like i said that was my opnion from the outside looking in. What I mean by outside looking in, My job right now has nothing to do with aviation, but I do read the forums quite a bit, and have read a few times of the original poster applying at mutliple airlines but with no hire date just yet, I was only stating that if he really wanted a job, and has no bites as of yet from other places, why not go to an airline that offers to take you?

Was only trying to help, but still, good luck at the interveiw!

I know and so does everyone else knows who you were directing this to. That is fine like i said that was my opnion from the outside looking in. What I mean by outside looking in, My job right now has nothing to do with aviation, but I do read the forums quite a bit, and have read a few times of the original poster applying at mutliple airlines but with no hire date just yet, I was only stating that if he really wanted a job, and has no bites as of yet from other places, why not go to an airline that offers to take you?

Was only trying to help, but still, good luck at the interveiw!

I didn't have you mind it was just a blanket statement that needed to be said. My emphasis was on the fact that you can't take a job just because it is available if you preach against what they are doing. That's like me saying I hate the KKK then accepting their membership offer just because they gave me a call.

I didn't have you mind it was just a blanket statement that needed to be said. My emphasis was on the fact that you can't take a job just because it is available if you preach against what they are doing. That's like me saying I hate the KKK then accepting their membership offer just because they gave me a call.

I dont know why, but that just made my day! haha

Again, I agree with the general contents of this thread. I am going to show up for the interview and decide for myself whether it has anything to offer or not. As has been already said, if nothing else, its interview experience. If they offer me a job, its my choice to accept or reject it.

And yes, I do own my own twin.

Again, I agree with the general contents of this thread. I am going to show up for the interview and decide for myself whether it has anything to offer or not. As has been already said, if nothing else, its interview experience. If they offer me a job, its my choice to accept or reject it.

And yes, I do own my own twin.

If you could somehow keep your deal with CPS while you are with Mesa, albeit in a reduced capacity, I would say. That said, I think you and Michael have a better business with CPS than JO has with Mesa.

Yup. . .but don't expect all those UND/ERAU/ATP/DCA kids who are just now graduating to change their opinions.

Or hell, anyone who made the career change recently who lacked any real world prior work experience to base their decisions on.

It's a shame really that so many of our peers are willing to sell themselves short, devaluing their own professional wealth but more importantly - mine and yours, and every other professional out there trying to raise the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back