Invited to interview at Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live life, drink lots of beer and have lots of sex. Thats my philosophy. Who cares where anyone works in this industry anymore. But if I get the finger from one more Mesa pilot on the taxi out......:D

Good Advice.

---

And that was you taxiing by the other day? :laff: :sarcasm:

Live life, drink lots of beer and have lots of sex. Thats my philosophy. Who cares where anyone works in this industry anymore. But if I get the finger from one more Mesa pilot on the taxi out......:D

Lol, do pilots really do that?

Yep, we were stopped on the ramp in CLT per ATC instructions when a mainline US 'bus came by and nearly hit us, then the CA proceeds to give us the finger and make other gestures.

Your avatar suggests you go to Spartan :)

I have nothing other to say but that I noticed the paint job on the plane and immediately knew it was from there.

Yes, I did just graduate from Spartan. What bearing does that have on my statement? Am I less of a pilot because of it? There are some not so bright people out there, but not everyone. I am the only one to graduate out of the 31 I started with so I would like to think that I made it due to not being a dee de dee. I have friends in the "biz" and am not TOTALLY clueless. (Just a little.....:D)

To quote from someone else on this thread: "Jesus man, tone it down a bit"

To quote from someone else on this thread: "Jesus man, tone it down a bit"

Actually................that was my own quote! HA!! I probably did come off a little abrasive on that one, but it just seems like where ever I go I always get crap because I graduated from "there". I read it wrong the first time because I was a little miffed at the other part of this thread. I know that jwp_145 went there for awhile himself. Every once in awhile people go off on their little tantrums and I guess that one was mine!! Sorry JWP, my bad.....:D

Yep, we were stopped on the ramp in CLT per ATC instructions when a mainline US 'bus came by and nearly hit us, then the CA proceeds to give us the finger and make other gestures.

You're kidding... Right?

but rather the widespread theory that those who are fresh out of college expect a job in this industry - and will essentially sell their souls to the lowest bidder for that job.

I would have hoped most of us have the brain power to realize the difference in telling someone No, don't goto work for them vs. hey kids with only a college background, 21 or 22 years old, think they deserve a job - and now the way the industry is - they'll take anything.

So you hit 600 hours yet?

Dude I'd seriously considder whether or not you will even get any flying at all if you decide to go with MESA. More than likely you'd be sitting and not getting paid. The way things are going right now you're probably better off doing CFI work and continuing to build your PIC. You'll probably make more money, and you will deffinitily build more hours.

So you hit 600 hours yet?

Nope, not just yet. . .you want me to let you know when I do? I'll be more than happy to.

So what's your deal lately?

Surreal, you just don't know when to give it a rest, do ya? :banghead: :rolleyes:

Eh? Give what a rest? I don't mind discussing my opinions with people, and it should be obviously clear that I won't hold anything back when providing them. For that matter though, I try my best to be as cordial, yet straight to the point without too much fluff when providing it. My rhetoric is not the best, but I'll say what I'll say without any fear of it coming across poorly. Just the way I am.

I'm not one for shooting one liners, and I'm also not one for quoting text that people write towards someone else and then responding in an angered tone. You on the other hand, that may be your style.

Heck, on a slightly unrelated note - I don't even care where you trained at. It wasn't DCA, so I'm actually impressed. :)

Surreal, your just one of those "I'm always right type off people", am I right? But whatever, like I said earlier, you have your opinion and everybody else has theirs. I'm gonna just agree to disagree and I'm done with this thread. Fly safe.

Wow, we have really come a long way from the intent of the original poster.

I think it is time that this thread comes to an end. Mods, what do you think?

Michael

I think it is time that this thread comes to an end. Mods, what do you think?

Michael

Going to MESA will be the worst mistake of the thread starters life. It's not all about flying, it's about life and family of which you will not have if you join johnyO.

Yup. . .but don't expect all those UND/ERAU/ATP/DCA kids who are just now graduating to change their opinions.

Or hell, anyone who made the career change recently who lacked any real world prior work experience to base their decisions on.

It's a shame really that so many of our peers are willing to sell themselves short, devaluing their own professional wealth but more importantly - mine and yours, and every other professional out there trying to raise the bar.

It doesn't matter to them. Most have mom and dad at home to support them. They are just using this as means to get to the majors.

If you already have a job you should keep it until the real regionals start hiring again. If you don't have a job you should try and find a CFI position or some other low time job. Mesa is like cancer on this industry and I would personally work at McDonalds before I worked there.

I

If you already have a job you should keep it until the real regionals start hiring again. If you don't have a job you should try and find a CFI position or some other low time job. Mesa is like cancer on this industry and I would personally work at McDonalds before I worked there.

I agree but regionals are regionals, yes even Skywest. You don't necessarly have to wait for the best but anywhere is better than MESA, they have the worst contract in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back