Internship!

juxtapilot

Snowflake
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]J.R. Simplot Company is looking for UND Students to do a Field [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Internship with them![/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]To apply for the position you must have an account through our [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Career Connect program. Please go to www.career.und.edu to [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]create an account and/or apply.[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]The Job ID Number is 11528[/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Job Title: Intern, Food Group Field Operations-Food/Grand Forks, [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]ND[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Career [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Services at 777-3904.[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]UND Career Services[/FONT]

:)

so are you trying to make fun of simplot? because they are a huge company and do more than just make french fries.

that would probably make it the highest paying job in grand forks.

Yeah that is why all the season ticket holders at the mens hockey games work at simplot! I think the city has at least 10,000 accountants and bankers because they are boring as hell at the games.

For those of you who don't know. Hockey is the sport where angry Canadians gather and a fight breaks out. Every once in a while a piece of rubber goes into the net and people cheer. I wouldn't think many know of this GF pastime because it is less sophisticated and a place that a large number of students have fun.

did they finally do away with the "part time instructor" payrate of $11 per hour??
no, but full time is decent, i have never made the part time wage, always full time (and nearly top of the scale, only wasn't for 3 weeks)

If you search for the Internship on the simplot site it says something about $34 at the bottom. Is that per hour???:panic: I might apply then!

Intern, Food Group Field Operations - Food/Grand Forks, ND
Tracking Code
279348-547
Job Description
Field Internship - Food Group
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries, and will continue to be vital parts of the global economy. We currently have an Intern position open at our Grand Forks, ND region.
Overview:
This position will work for and support Food Group Field Operations Raw Procurement Manager, Field Representative, and Raw Planner/Scheduler in the area of supporting the procurement of potatoes and associated activities. This position is a part-time winter internship (beginning in January 2009) with the opportunity of continuing into the summer (full-time) or a full-time summer internship (beginning in May/June 2009) with the opportunity of continuing into the winter part-time.

Essential Functions:
  • Crop Sampling and Field Observations (summer)
  • Storage monitoring and assisting with harvest (winter / spring / fall)
  • Crop Progress Reports and Application Reports (data entry and analysis)
  • Support manufacturing needs
  • Special Projects as assigned
Skill/Experience Requirement:

• Enrollment in and completion of first semester of school, preferably in an agricultural degree, and a farming background would also be preferred.
  • Must maintain a passing GPA
  • Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and work in a variety of conditions (wet, cold, humid)
  • Ability to read maps to locate fields
  • Ability to drive off road vehicles
  • Strong oral and written communication skills
  • Strong computer skills (word and excel)
Location Information:
Located in northeastern North Dakota, Grand Forks is a great family friendly town. It offers an environment with great amenities offered in larger urban areas, but in the safety and convenience of a small community. Some of the features that make this city a great place to live are the diverse educational opportunities, safety and low crime rate, parks and theaters, and a cost of living considerably lower than that found in large cities. It is a place for families to thrive and grow, where you can play ball in the backyard and kids can rollerblade in the streets. If you want to live in an area with great community spirit then this is the place for you.

Job Location
Grand Forks, ND, US.
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular
Salary
PG 34 US Dollar (USD)

23? We were just told in class maximum an initial CFI could make is 13.50 full time. Once you get your CFII you make 17.50.

You are right. Buick was referring to teaching Initial-CFI students, $23/hr. In other words, wait two years since you got your CFI cert, 200 dual given....or 400 dual / 80% passrate (or something like that, I'm forgetting already) before you're eligible to earn that much.

UND's payscale is a COMPLETE joke.

In the mean time, you'll be earning the 13.50 while you have your CFI, and 17.50 with the CFII, a misery. For you to be able to earn $23/hr, you must also be conducting stage checks. :rolleyes:

I do not want to hear ANY of you say that it's "decent pay for being in college." A JOB IS A JOB and should not be seen as a work-study Wilkerson washing-dishes thing.

b-b-b-b-b-but CFI is the ONLY JOB YOU CAN GET as a fresh commercial!! you should thank UND for hiring you!!

do i need to say....:sarcasm:

You are right. Buick was referring to teaching Initial-CFI students, $23/hr. In other words, wait two years since you got your CFI cert, 200 dual given....or 400 dual / 80% passrate (or something like that, I'm forgetting already) before you're eligible to earn that much.

UND's payscale is a COMPLETE joke.

In the mean time, you'll be earning the 13.50 while you have your CFI, and 17.50 with the CFII, a misery. For you to be able to earn $23/hr, you must also be conducting stage checks. :rolleyes:

I do not want to hear ANY of you say that it's "decent pay for being in college." A JOB IS A JOB and should not be seen as a work-study Wilkerson washing-dishes thing.
How much did you make while you were flight instructing? Is there anywhere that pays better than that? I only made 15/hr when I was instructing.

UND's initial pay is on par with most other flight schools, a quick google search for average CFI pay brought back numbers from 12 to 20 bucks an hour, with more pay for CFII and MEI, some average pay sites claim that 55 to 60k a year was average CFI pay, I find that hard to believe, the overall theme was that 12 to 20 dollars and hour range.

The pay must be on par, there didn't seem to ever be a shortage of people at the hiring workshops, although by the performance of some you would think they thought they were owed a job by UND.

b-b-b-b-b-but CFI is the ONLY JOB YOU CAN GET as a fresh commercial!! you should thank UND for hiring you!!

do i need to say....:sarcasm:

Do you have a source for this, or are you just flamebating trying to start yet another pointless UND bashfest? Just because you couldn't (for whatever excuse you have) get your CFI doesn't mean it is the wrong road for others who could, to take.

I looked at instructing elsewhere after I graduated from UND and I couldn't find anything that would guarantee me students and flight time like UND could, some places offered to pay more per hour but student load was less or cost of living was too high for even the higher per hour pay.

UND ain't perfect in many ways, but the pay scale isn't one of them.

Do you have a source for this, or are you just flamebating trying to start yet another pointless UND bashfest? Just because you couldn't (for whatever excuse you have) get your CFI doesn't mean it is the wrong road for others who could, to take.

I looked at instructing elsewhere after I graduated from UND and I couldn't find anything that would guarantee me students and flight time like UND could, some places offered to pay more per hour but student load was less or cost of living was too high for even the higher per hour pay.

UND ain't perfect in many ways, but the pay scale isn't one of them.

LOL. I don't WANT to CFI. and I am being paid very very well for my professional services as a commercial pilot.

Now, I don't feel the need to publicly boast about my pay, but if you would like to know exactly how many times more than, say, a 3rd year regional FO I am making, you can contact me by PM.

Back