Inflight Meals

Joshua949

This was a topic on the airliners.net website so I just thought I would bring the topic up here on this forum. What do you think about the inflight meals (if any) that are served now?

Me personally...especially on AA except maybe for a SFO-HNL flight I had before 9/11 all meals have been fantastic. Great quality but now after the economy has gone down we get crap if we're lucky to get any at all. I mean just last week I went to LGA & I received a little snack...now I have had snacks before on AA from companies like Rold Gold (however you spell it) but now they have gone to Fisher...it sucks...yuck...the pretzels were like so dried out & cheap..but the company has to do what they got to do...

I also believe that as soon as the major carriers start making profits...maybe not asap but after they get their cash flowing again..i think the quality of inflight food will increase back to the way it did before 9/11..b/c no way airlines like UA or AA are gonna have ticket prices bounce back up with crappy food with some other major carrier maybe with a slightly cheaper price with quality food...also there was something else i was gonna say but just forgot it...anyway...comments

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://jetcareers.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1059940923Joshua949">

Rate The Quality Of Inflight Food (if any) That Are Served On Flights?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />10
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />9
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />8
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />7
<input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />6
<input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />5
<input type="radio" name="option" value="7" />4
<input type="radio" name="option" value="8" />3
<input type="radio" name="option" value="9" />2
<input type="radio" name="option" value="10" />1
<input type="radio" name="option" value="11" />0
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

I'm urging everyone to boycott this thread until he loses the Clay Aiken avatar.
tongue.gif

I don't particularly like the avatar either, but the very same people who are resisting avatar banning on another thread are asking to have one banned here.

Hmmmm .....

Can you say "hypocrite?"

I think we should ban everyone from the forum, that way we can sacrafice personal expression for political correctness.

I like that idea.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
I'm urging a moderator to ban Joshua if he/she doesn't change his/her avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my personal opinion - I think this thread went in the wrong direction when aloft started the whole avatar/boycott business (nothing will ever be boycotted on this site)... the avatar has nothing to do with the question at hand and bringing up the boycott/banning approach is a pretty low blow for someone whose NOT a moderator....that's not going to get you points if you want to be a "future moderator" of the site (whether you do or do not want to)...

if you want to answer the question - then do so...

if you want to attack someone personally - then go elsewhere and grow up ....WE are not here for that purpose!

I'm tired of seeing good threads killed off because someone has to personally attack another person for no purpose than to start a discussion that leads to nowhere but down...

get it? got it! good!!

I was hardly serious about anyone banning Joshua. The only reason I posted that was to pursue Joshua to change his avatar. The issue has been brought up before and Joshua seemed to enjoy "teasing" us with his insistence to keep it up. I apologize to Joshua for my immature post on such a petty issue.
[ QUOTE ]
get it? got it! good!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Got It!

Joshua, I like your new avatar!
laugh.gif

I dont mind not getting airplane food as long as I get a soda. If I'm on a long flight I'll usually make a sandwich before the flight anyway.

Check out airlinemeals.net.

The worst has to be "tuna ball" on USScare. It's two little pieces of bread and a small condiment cup sized ball of tuna out of which you are supposed to make a sandwich. Just give me an extra bag of pretzels instead...

Those really were pictures of food LOL.

I thought it would be a joke or something! Must have been a LONG flight to be that bored!

Sometimes I wonder if the airline catering companies are getting their food from the same folks who provided the dorms with food in college. One night when I was stumbling home in the wee hours of the morning, I saw them unloading food for the cafeteria. Now, I was pretty messed up (eight hours definitely wouldn't have been enough, let's put it like that) but I saw the boxes labeled with "Grade D but edible."

Then there are times like when I flew to Hawaii. Man, was that food good!

Watch it missy or your avatar's next!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In my personal opinion - I think this thread went in the wrong direction when aloft started the whole avatar/boycott business (nothing will ever be boycotted on this site)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Back