(Important) Tour Sign-up

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
We need you to sign up now.

Pengy needs to get the names and information over to the tour folks ASAP.

If transportation cost is a problem, let me know...I'll get you signed up for the tour and you can provide your own transportation to/from the tours! That's not a problem.

In fact, maybe I should add that to the list of event items?
----

McCarran Airport: Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tower Tour

This event is a unique opportunity for you to take a guided tour of the Las Vegas McCarran Air Traffic Control tower. This is a rare opportunity to experience the world within the tower and have your questions answered.

The first 30 minutes or so expect a meet and greet with over views of Las Vegas Tower and Las Vegas Approach Control position locations, position duties and responsibilities. The inbrief will include airspace allocation for Las Vegas and the Satellite Airports and Nellis AFB that are adjacent to us. Tower is looking to split up into 4 or 5 groups. Details are still being worked on to include a couple other items for your enjoyment and will be posted soon.

If you will be going directly to the airport after the tour, the ATC facility has a location where you can stow your bags. The tower is on airport property and airport departure doors are about a 5-10 minute walk. Please let us know if you will need luggage accomodations so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.

We will tour in a group of 25.

Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Tour Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
Pickup Time: 8:20am
Return Time: 11:30am
Pre-registration Required: Yes (Registration Link)
Dress Code: Casual, Close-toed shoes
Cost: $12.00 for roundtrip transportation to/from the Palms
Required information: Full Name, Birthdate, Social Security Number

We have room for 22 more on this tour!

MGM Grand Corporate Aviation Tour: Behind The Scenes With MGM Corporate

This event is an opportunity for all attendees and guests to take a tour of the MGM Grand Corporate Aviation Department. We've held this tour two years in a row and it offers a fabulous perspective of corporate aviation processes, aircraft operations, ground crew logistics and more. If the Boeing BBJ is in town, you will be able to board and explore the aircraft.

If you will be going directly to the airport after, MGM has a location where you can stow your bags and we can have the shuttle drop you off at the airport before heading back to the Palms. Please let us know if you will need luggage and drop-off accomodations so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.

Time: 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Physical Address: 5050 Koval Lane Suite 150 Hangar 6B
Pickup Time: 1:25pm
Return Time: 3:30pm
Pre-registration Required: Yes (Registration Link)

We have room for 20 more on this tour!

Allegiant Air Aviation Tour: Behind The Scenes With Allegiant

Allegiant Air is an American low-cost airline owned by Allegiant Travel Co. that operates scheduled and charter flights. Allegiant is based in Las Vegas Nevada and one of the many recruiters that will be in attendance at our career fair on Monday, October 18th.

This event is a chance for you to take a tour of the Las Vegas Allegiant Airline Operations Center. You will be able to view and board a Boeing MD-83 and possibly a Boeing 757 aircraft (with winglets). The 757 aircraft is a new addition to the Allegiant fleet.

During this tour, an Allegiant Airlines line pilot will take the group onto the airplane, start the APU and give a quick briefing on the aircraft types within in the Allegiant fleet, including the proud history of Allegiant Airlines.

A Q&A session will be held at the end of the tour.

Tuesday is the planned day that the Allegiant fleet is on the ground in Las Vegas for scheduled maintenance activity.

If you will be going directly to the airport after, Allegiant has a location where you can stow your bags and we can have the shuttle drop you off at the airport before heading back to the Palms. Please let us know if you will need luggage and drop-off accomodations so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.

Tour Time: 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Physical Address: 194 Spencer St.
Pickup Time: 4:25pm
Return Time: 7:30pm
Pre-registration Required: Yes ((Registration Link))

We have room for 16 more on this tour!

We need you to sign up now.

Pengy needs to get the names and information over to the tour folks ASAP.

If transportation cost is a problem, let me know...I'll get you signed up for the tour and you can provide your own transportation to/from the tours! That's not a problem.

In fact, maybe I should add that to the list of event items?
----

I'm on it...(disregard remainder of that, I can't read)

Thanks Kristie!

due to popular demand, I created a ticket for the tours that does not include transportation.

If you'd like to get your own transportation or figure out a ride share program, please do.

Please make sure you arrange your transportation accordingly ahead of time.

Tickets will be required before boarding.

And if you sign up for the "got my own transportation" ticket and do not show up at the right place and at the proper time, you will be hosing someone else that wanted to go because we have limited numbers that can attend the tours.

The transportation was arranged so you could show up at the designated location, enjoy a ride to the event and then from the event making it as hassle free as possible.

If you're self-transportation, do not count on calling me in the morning with the "Dude! Where do I go? What do I do?" because you may hear some very colorful language! :) Seriously!

I did all three tours a few years back and they were all great. IMO, all three are definitely worth it.

saw that! :)

Just an FYI:

There are 3 spots left for the Allegiant Tour

There are 11 spots left on the MGM Tour

There are 15 spots left on the ATC Tour

Tour sign-up CLOSES on October 8th (Friday), no exceptions!

I should have known that the Allegiant tour would fill up so quick.

Anyone think there's anyway to get on that tour?

So quick? it's been out for over a month now! I've had 8 requests in the past hour for that....why did ya wait? I'm having Mike check into adding another tour line.

If you want to get on the other MGM or ATC tours..please don't wait. We don't know if we can accommodate additional tours.

I purchased the expo ticket, reserved a hotel room and put in for vacation all within a week of the original announcement of the expo.

I guess I just assumed the expo ticket allowed access to the tours.

whoops...oversight on my part.

Thanks for the info Kristie.

Sorry! The expo ticket couldn't have allowed access into the tours since the tours are restricted to only 25 and we have almost 200+ attendees

We're still checking on it though!

ah, Thank Mike (Mpenguin1) for the effort...i'm not doing anything but letting him know how many people are interested in still getting in on the tour.

He's the one that has to talk our tour guide peeps into allowing more folks out there. There's no guarantee either that he'll be able to pull it off. 25 people is a pretty big number for a ramp area and Allegiant has to go through TSA to get clearances, i think.

There is 1 seat left for the MGM tour. If you want it, better grab it!

Also, 9 seats left for the ATC tour.

REVISED: 8 seats on ATC tour

4 seats left for the ATC tour!! If you're on the fence, jump off...like now?! HAHA

I show 2 ATC tour tickets still left....because of security clearance needed, you cannot attend this tour on day of show.

Registration ends tonight....don't delay because if you snooze, you're not getting on the tour. :)

Any new news on the Allegiant tour? I know we're not too far away from the festivities now. Do I need to start breaking out the bribes? ;)

Cheers
Marcus

Back