I'm in tears here!

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
I\'m in tears here!

So my cousin who lives in Tulsa is having some sort of surgery about the same time as the Network JC gathering. She wants my grandma to come down from Wisconsin to help take care of her/be with her afterwards. There's no way my grandma can drive herself from Wisconsin to Tulsa, it usually falls to my aunt to drive her long distances like that. Well, the first anniversary of that aunt's son's (my cousin who was 3 days older than me) car wreck that killed him is that same week and she will be in no mental state to make that kind of a drive. So somehow my mother has gotten volunteered to drive my grandma to Tulsa!

The problem? If she drives my aunt to Tulsa, she won't be able to be here to stay with the baby while we go to Network JC! I know family comes first, and my cousin is having surgery, while I just want to go to Vegas and have a good time. So I understand & won't complain too much if she can't be here to watch the baby. We can't bring a 14-month-old with us, it would just be too much with non-revving & we wouldn't be able to participate in half the activities.

I'm hoping my grandma will be willing to let us buy her a plane ticket to Tulsa. She's flown once in her entire life, and I don't know if she'll be brave enough to go alone to Tulsa. (We'd fly her out of ORD, non-stop to TUL.)

I've been so looking forward to this for months, I don't want to miss it! I hope something works out so we can still make it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Re: I\'m in tears here!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you and Bill and especially for your relative having surgery!

I know, personally, for me to get my mother on an airplane would take an act of congress.

"ooooh child, I ain't gettin' on no airplane! If god meant for us to fly, he'd having GIVEN US WINGS!"

Nah, she's nothing like that. She's a "Carlton" just like me.

[ QUOTE ]
"ooooh child, I ain't gettin' on no airplane! If god meant for us to fly, he'd having GIVEN US WINGS!"

Nah, she's nothing like that. She's a "Carlton" just like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to imagine an African American Carol Brady.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I found a one-way fare on AA for $134 on both Orbitz & Expedia. If loads are looking good I may even beg my old roommate for a D3 and I could go with her.

Hopefully she'll agree to fly! It would be better anyway, 2 hours in a plane vs. 12-14 hours in the car.

Keeping my fingers crossed.........

what if you were to fly down with her? might make her more comfortable and might get her to go for it a little easier as well!

hope it works out.. it wouldn't be a party without ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
what if you were to fly down with her? might make her more comfortable and might get her to go for it a little easier as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

SA Kristie, SA.....
[ QUOTE ]
...If loads are looking good I may even beg my old roommate for a D3 and I could go with her....

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

well, sorry.. i had no idea what a D3 is... we use different codes! haha

yeah.. totally SA on me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like we're gonna make it after all!

Travel plans aren't final yet, but the surgery is actually scheduled for the week after Network JC, so it looks like we'll probably be able to work something out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Bartender! Virgin margarita for the MQ!"

[ QUOTE ]
"Bartender! Virgin margarita for the MQ!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you do not want a margarita that could be pregnant - too many pregnancies.

Back