I'm enrolled with ATP!

Re: I\'m enrolled with ATP!

It's a matter of opinion. Some people like the Sporty's better because the King's are pretty cheesy at times. If you can manage the cheesy jokes the King's throw at you, then get the King. I watched the King and they were great. Very informative and organized in thought process.

What about price though....aren't the Sportys DVDs extremely cheaper? $169 (Sportys) as opposed to $279 (King) for the private course. My choice is obvious then...

Deder,

Didn't realize you're doing the private. In that case, I agree with another poster who suggested taking the FOI, Commercial and Flight Instructor. You should have time to work on the instrument writtens while in Jacksonville.

Good luck !

Dubbs, the King software costs $279, the videos and DVD's are about the same as Sporty's, I think around $179.

Appel, thanks for the backup on my advice. Did you go to ATP? I think I saw you post about a job listing in another forum. Are you an airline pilot now? If you're both, I'd like to hear a little about your experience transitioning from ATP to instructing to getting a "real" job. I think we all would if that were the case.
laugh.gif

I made a post in the General forum a few weeks ago regarding the Sporty's vs the King videos. Some people found the Sporty's videos very engaging but short on content. The King videos were full of info. Having rented the King instrument videos (justplanevideos.com) and using the King CD-ROM course, I am satisfied. I am also tired of the corny jokes, but it worked-I am ready to ace the writtens.

I'm starting ATP in Stuart on 4/21, Is anyone else starting there soon?

I just wanted to let everyone know I found the website as to where you can rent the Sporty's and King Videos from. I saw some people talking about this topic so I thought I would let everyone know. It is justplanevideos.com. I read through it and it seems to me that they rent you the videos for around $36 and you get to keep them for a week. The price includes postage and handing to you and for you to send the videos back. There are also other types of videos to rent as well.

Hey guys,

Just received the PPL prep material in the mail. King videos and knowledge test course manual included. Guess i won't have to rent 'em after all. Nice shirts!

-Jeff

You got King videos. What the hell, I didn't get them. Is that included now that the price has gone up?

Hey Robair, deder, and jetpack.
I am now in Jacksonville. I start the private class on monday. You guys are complaning about the drive from the northeast? PUH-lease. I drove from California, 4 days and 2700 miles.
grin.gif

Since you guys are all talking about the videos, why dont you guys just picth in some money and buy it and just share? its looks likeyou are all gonna be roomates and all. I'll go in on them with you if you want.

And Robair, I got the private king videos with my shirts and backpack. theylet you have it for about 30 days and then they called me asking me to return it. anyhow, if i can get online once i start i'll try to keep you guys posted and let you know what to expect.
See you guys in a couple ofmonths.

-Brian

Well I didn't. Pieces of •. I bought the DVD's. Oh well, the DVD's are better anyway.

Nice ride. How was the crap hole state of Texas?
How are the apartments? What kind of stuff are we gonna have to bring? I know they tell us before we leave, but I'm a little anxious. Good luck, little bastard.
tongue.gif
I should be there with ya. Oh well, it's better I put it off until June anyway. I'll have everything in order at home and all the writtens done except the instruments.
grin.gif

The armpit of america is Detroit, the crap hole is Texas. Philadelphia has extreme historic importance to this country so you should respect it. It still sucks though, I agree.

I thought New Jersey was the armpit of the U.S. Texas is huge! You dont realize how big it is until you have to drive thru it. yeah, west texas is killer. It took me 2 days to drive thru texas. I stayed in El paso and Dallas. Dont go to the hooters in El Paso. it sucks. Dallas was nice. hey CMARTIN, what is the Dallas Mens club on northwest hwy? It looks like a ritzy country club, but I get the impression thats its a strip club, so which is it?

I havent moved in yet, I do that tomorrow. The apartments are the club at Danforth. From the ads the apartment looks very nice, it even lists complimentary masseuse therapists as an amenity. I'll let you know if thats for real. I have been staying at the embassy suites for the last couple of days. I work for hilton (which owns emabssy suites). so its nice. but i cant wait to move in and actually meet somebody.

see ya'all in June.... maybe

-brian

Blee,

Do you know if we life at the Danforth the whole time we are in the program? Or do we just live there for the PPL portion, then move to Melrose?

deder

We live at Danforth for the PPL then move to Melrose.
Danforth is much nicer. I had a chance to tour one of the model apartmenst, very nice. I only saw the outside of Melrose - nice - but I've heard stories about the inside.

I heard from a CFI in Trenton that the lease at Melrose is up soon and ATP may not renew it. Maybe they'll be exclusively at Danforth. That would be nice. I hope it happens before I start the ACAP.

I just posted this in the Checkrides forum, but I thought you guys would probly benefit the most from this tool.
http://www.pilotpal.com
Download this free Java Applet that will quiz you on all of the FAA questions for Private and Instrument Written tests. You can even set up a practice test that will randomly choose 60 questions, time you, and then score your mock test when you finished. If you're real high-tech...you can download the Palm version and study this stuff just about anywhere!

robair and deder,
the lease with melrose is up and everyone lives in danforth now. Its nice here. I heard melrose wasnt that great. the apartments are very spacious. I am happy with the living quarters. It also make sense now that we just stay in one apartment rather than having to move a few blocks down halfway thru the program.

-Brian

Back