I'm enrolled with ATP!

Re: I\'m enrolled with ATP!

I am so glad to hear that Blee! My friend was in Jacksonville looking for a place to live and actually saw the Danforth and said it looked great. I found a website for them if anyone wants it.

http://www.springstreet.com/apartments/fyp/search/brochure/brochure.jhtml?pid=426432&_requestid=12180

The place looks great. What apartment type is everyone living in? The two bedroom, two bath? So its a total of four people to an apt now huh?

Thanks again for the great info

Dan

Re: I\'m enrolled with ATP!

I love it, Danforth is really nice. I don't think anyone will be dissapointed about being at Danforth instead of Melrose.

Stuart location

has anyone done the ACP program in stuart fl. thinking about doing it there. as of a week or so ago there was only on slot left in jax. for the month of may. i'm not sure if i'll get my deposit in in time to fill that slot. also any opinions on stuart vs. jax are definatly welcome. thanks

Re: Stuart location

one more thing. i'll have to build some xc time before i start the acp program. will they have a 172 in stuart to do that or will i have to do it in jax then go to stuart. peace out

hollywood,
from what I hear stuart was the place to be. theyhad the best apartments. but now danforth at JAX is whats nice.

I live in the 2 bed 2 bath. there is only 3 of us inthere right now. we got all brand new furniture and appliances. but there is no cable which is a bummer. but who knows if we'll even have time to watch tv.

Today was my first day. the instructors are great. I think once you get here and see the operation, you'll be very pleased with your decision to come to ATP. I know i did.

-brian

hey blee thanks for the reply. are you in stuart or jax? i did the interview a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed not only with the school but with the over all atitudes of the people. i'm finishing up my private right now and hope to be attending in may. probably in stuart. i doubt jax will have any openings by the time i send my deposit in. do you know if i can do my xc flights to meet the program mins in stuart?

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone done the ACP program in stuart fl. thinking about doing it there. as of a week or so ago there was only on slot left in jax. for the month of may. i'm not sure if i'll get my deposit in in time to fill that slot. also any opinions on stuart vs. jax are definatly welcome. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting in Stuart on 4/21. I also did my interview there, and liked it. The office space is new, and the apartments look nicer than anything I have lived in. I also like the Stuart area, with many things to do in the limited amount of free time available.

i'll probably end up doing the program in stuart as well. i interviewed in jax. it seemed pretty nice up there. i thought the class dates were the 12th and 26th. guess i was wrong. i'm pretty sure one of them starts on the 12th. i'm going to try to get into that one but who knows. i have to do the time building thing for like 20 hours first. i'm going to call them and see if i can do that in stuart.

Blee,

Is there going to be cable in the future? What about the ethernet, does that work?

I know you've been there one day, but what are the typical days going to be like during the PPL portion? I'd appreciate it if you could keep us posted on that.

Dan

Hollywood, I dont know about time building, the best thing would be to call the 800 number.

deder, I dont think there will be cable, unless you order it yourself. its sad because we have no antannae, so all we get is CBS and maybe NBC.

yeah, I have only been here 2 days. so from these 2 days i have been here its like this. ground school at 8 and then you go flying. Yesterday I got home at about 630. today we might get out early beacsue its IFR so we cant fly. So i expect to get out around 3 or 4.

oh, also they got this new sim in the main office. its for the seminole. It's nice.

come to JAX its more fun here.
grin.gif

-Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the info, I am glad to here it is going well. I was just curious how the days work.

Dan

yeah its just three of us still. I found a community college nearby, thats where i am writing this post from. So i might be on a little more often. we didnt get to fly today becauseof weather and from what it looks like we wont be flying tomorrow. oh well.....more ground school.

also, before i got here I thought there was going to be very little gorund school, but its actually a lot and very helpful. That was my biggest worry. I thought I would be having to teach myself everything, but we learn it in class and I jsut study a little bit when i get home. at least its that way for private.

I heard in the old apartments they had cable and local phone service, so thats a bummer. But I think we get free massages, but i'll have to look into that.

-brian

Re: CRG in Jacksonville

Hey Blee,
I believe I met you today... I came in to tour the school and was being shown around by Rich. Seems like a good guy!? Anyway, I am a little further along than you and was wondering you views on the school... I like it best from what I have seen so far but am a little hesitant.

Also, anyone who is at ATP and has completed some time there.... I have my private/instrument and was wondering about how the program looks to pick up from there... I am interested in the comm single/multi and CFI program. any info is appreciated and if you want to send it as private messages as not to incriminate yourself (if you have negative info) feel free. I have been severly burned in the past from a flight school and can not afford to make that mistake again!

Thanks

Sup,
were you with that group of 4? I was the asian guy in there. I like the school its fun. I dontfly with richard. I fly with Dave. He was the instructor in the classroom. I think the instructors have pretty high standards. They dont let you dick around. And if you mess up they'll let you know. Richard seems like an instructor that wont accept less than a 100%. if you can fly with him, you can fly with anyone. I guarentee it.

I am assuming you are going to do the 90 day acpp? I am very new and in the private class, so I cant tell you about the acpp. But i have met some of the career pilots, and they seem to really like it. The morale of the school is very high. I have yet to meet anyone who doesnt like it here. But then again that could be because if you dontlike it you can leave at any time and get your money back (pro-rated of course). its a lot of hard work. especially in the cross country phase. I think you are pulling verylong days during that time. and they way the run the whole operation is very impressive. Sorry I couldnt be more specific. Hunter, GT-10, socal might be more help since they went through it already.

goodluck

-brian

Blee,

Is ATP's ground school more one on one or in a classroom environ? How many other ACPP students are enrolled in the private program with you?

actually I am not doing the ACCP. I am coming up to finish my commercial single and multi and the CFI program all in 3 weeks... Not sure when I will get up to do it... still in the middle of all of this crap with ATA. I am hoping to be done by July!

Good luck to you!

JJ pilot,
You went to ATA? Doyou know steve and rudy? They came from ATA and did the same program as you. They are done now. they might be the ones to ask.

junebug,
I can only speak on the private program. there are three of us total in the pvt. ground school is classroom settings, but preps for checkrides and cross country is one on one I think. The career pilot program runs a lil differently. From what I know you have a partner thru the program and you guys do most things together.

-Brian

Back