If you miss NetworkJC...

I am really bummed that I will not be able to attend NJC this year. Heck, one of the reasons I started working for an airline was to get the travel benefits to be able to attend great networking opportunities like this. I still hold another part time job as well, so my problem is that I work every day of the week. It may not be 10 hour shifts, in fact sometimes only 4 hours on the clock. However, being able to afford that time off is just not in the cards for me this year. I Also had a pretty bad experience in training about a month ago that made me question my future, luckily I have a good amount of friends at different stages in their careers telling me to dust myself off and move forward! So that is what I am doing.

I try to get out there and network as much as possible, I make it a goal to meet someone new in aviation every week. Networking gave me the chance to get my foot in the door with a great company, and with time and providing I get through training here soon it will blossom into my first flying job. So my advice to others that can make it happen this year, GET THERE and talk to those who are willing to help! Have fun in Vegas ladies and gentleman, maybe one year I will make it happen and meet some of you who have been a great help to me in starting my aviation career.

I was thinking about attending, but with 300TT and no multi, I'd probably be out of place.

Also, like others said, I'm waiting to hear back about a potential first CFI job.:) I'd feel a little guilty asking for time-off my first week.

Dude. I have 145-ish TT and no aspirations to be an airline pilot. The time-off thing is something you gotta sort out, but by no means should you think you shouldn't go because of a number in your logbook.

Now, if you think you shouldn't go because you tend to wreck furniture and you have excessively bad breath, well, those are things you should consider carefully....

@Derg, I've promoted your event to non-members. It's always some stupid excuse why they can't go. Oh well, their loss is someone else's gain most likely. The people that can't go just might not make that all important connection that could change the course or their career forever...

I have 270-ish hours PPL and 3/4 of an Instrument rating. Just need to conquer the written and checkride. Any pro's have any ideal tips when it comes to instrument/commercial flying? I'll find you guys at the NetworkJC. The majority of my flying has been out in Japan. A bit about myself, I am aviation mechanic at a MH-53E squadron in VA...been in the Navy for 13 years.

gocaps16 said:
I have 270-ish hours PPL and 3/4 of an Instrument rating. Just need to conquer the written and checkride. Any pro's have any ideal tips when it comes to instrument/commercial flying? I'll find you guys at the NetworkJC. The majority of my flying has been out in Japan. A bit about myself, I am aviation mechanic at a MH-53E squadron in VA...been in the Navy for 13 years.

Do what you can to stay ahead of the airplane, don't be afraid to say "unable" and always be courteous. Mostly because we need more of that these days, but also because you never know whom you may meet along the way.

I've booked the hotel for the night of the 22nd checking out the 23rd, but was finally able to open up my schedule a bit more. If i was able to come in the afternoon of the 21st, is there anyone who would let me crash until i can check into my room on the 22nd? Would love to take part in some of the festivities on that Tuesday and afternoon stuff Wednesday.

Back